Sign in to follow this  

WOOHOO (nothing to do with Fly or sims at all!)

Sorry for the totally off topic post (as if my question of the week wasn't enough!), but I had to post.About a year and a half ago, I completed the MCSE course for Win2k. I got through the first two tests, and decided to take a two week break before continuing. Unfortunately, that two week break turned in to a year + break. Well, now after spending what feels like every waking moment for the last 4 1/2 months studying, I can now say it was all worth it. At 1:30 pm this afternoon, I officially became an MCSE. Now, where's my joystick!-Brian

Congratulations Brian!!Now you can be a lot of help to non-techies like me. :-)Take careMike

Guest dajackman

I would get a RedHat cert. Linux is were things are going. (Hope this doesn't start flames, not my intention!)Congrats...

I am just wrapping my own MCSE 2000 this week. One more exam to go: 70-219 (Designing AD).I have been an MCSE since 1995.My job is that of an MCT, as well as a Unix/Linux trainer.

I just don't know...Two years ago, Linux training was all the rage...then it just stopped.Microsoft courses are always going steady, as well as generic Unix courses (Sun, HP, etc...)

Good luck. That one was actually a real easy one. I took it right after 217, and flew through it. As far as different certs...yeah, in the job market, Linux may be good, but with the job that I have (today is also my one year anniversary there...guess why I timed the test when I did!), it is totally a MS shop. I'm acting as basically the company webmaster now, learning IIS as need calls, so I think I'm going to try to self study for that exam....after a few months off!-Brian