Sign in to follow this  

Very good Aviation Joke (IMO)!

This one had me laughing for a while.Pilots flying heavy iron are sometimes known for their lighthearted jibes at pilots of smaller aircraft.One day at Toronto's Pearson International Airport, an A-340 was in linefor departure behind a Fokker F-28, an aircraft that has a tail that splits to act as a large speedbrake. The Airbus captain was heard on the radio, making some comment about the "cute little plane" in front of him and boasting about the brand new jumbo he was flying.In response, the Fokker's fuselage speed brakes opened wide, and overthe radio a very loud, "Pbbbbbbbt!" was heard."I do believe we've been mooned!" said the A-340 first officer to hisCaptain. Take careMike

Guest Henri W

I had quite a good laugh as well. :-lol :-lol :-lol Thanks, Mike.Henri

Thanks: Here is another one I found.A Huey Cobra practicing autorotations during a military night training exercise had a problem and landed on the tail rotor, separating the tail boom. Fortunately, it wound up on its skids, sliding down the runway doing 360s in a brilliant shower of sparks. As the Cobra passed the tower, the following exchange was overheard:Tower: Sir, do you need any assistance?Cobra: I don't know, tower. We ain't done crashin' yet! There is a website which has over a hundred jokes and there is a lot of "ATC communication" humor, a lot of them are real. Takec a look:http://www.avweb.com/other/shfinal.htmlTake careMike

Guest Roy

Hi MikeI took a look at that site. Lots of fun stuff there :-)My favorite so far:"Overheard while transitioning San Francisco Class Bravo, between Bay Approach and a United 747:Bay Approach: United 12345 Heavy, traffic a triple-7 at your 12 o'clock, climbing through 2,000 feet.United 12345: Roger Bay, we have the light twin in sight."It's probably because the PMDG triple-7 is my favorite plane. (Although I've never thought of it as a "light twin" :-) )(And Robert, if you're reading this, please hurry with the '57. My patience is almost down to fumes now :-lol :-lol :-lol )Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

Yeah. :-lol That one made me laugh hard enough that my sister came in "What's wrong, What's funny?"Take careMike