Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mgarmy

Birds at Lelystad Airport

Yes, I finally saw them. And even in that superb airport scenery by Mannie Garmy. Thanks a lot for this scenery !!!!!!!! (BTW what is your nationality?).I made some screenshots, but the birds were far away. When I tried to taxi to them I pressed the CTRL+TAB buttons just a fraction of a second too late, so they flew over my head and were not to see on the picture. Hope you can see them on one of the earlier ones.

Guest Henri W

Hans, Johnny,In the beginning I did not see those birds at all. It took quite some time before I saw them for the first time. However, nowadays I see them about every single flight. My default take-off airport is EHRD and generally they are somewhere in front of me while sitting on RWY 24. At one time I had two flock of birds at the same time. And I'd swear that at least once I saw them land on the field and take off a bit later again. Henri

Birds scare me. On the taxiway, in the air, I'm really worried about a bird striking my air-screw, then cloging my air intake or smashing my windscreen. http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

Guest Mgarmy

Hans,Nice shots, I saw only once birds in Fly! The only birds I see during the day are those bloody pigeons we have here in Amsterdam pooping on your windshields.Glad you liked Lelystad.Mannie