Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Nalanji Dreaming..........

G'day all,Just a couple of pictures of a work in progress. This is a repaint of the B747-300 IBERIA by Jean Sabatier, Roberto Vigetti and Cory Bourke, with a small input from myself.Qantas have 2 aircraft painted in Aboriginal art liveries.Wanala dreaming and Nalanji dreaming.After the rather bland red tail and all white fuselage of the standard Qantas livery these two liveries are certainly different.Qantas have 16 B737-800's on order and some of them (if not all) will also have an Aboriginal livery.Thanks to Andy Dale for vfr Ocean. Almost makes me want to bait a hook and start fishing. Also thanks go to Danny Vickers and AFG for the nice Brisbane scenery. Final thanks to Jure for the beautiful clouds.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Henri W

Excellent livery, Roger. I am really amazed about the quality of repaints people like you, Pete and Grant are creating. Thanks.Henri

Guest Mgarmy

Gee Roger,Looks great, seems like a very clourful airplane tattoo!Mannie

G'day Mannie,Ah it's for the tourists mate...:-)It does seem like a case of Namajira meets Picaso but I guess it must have been given the thumbs up in a survey of some sort.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Henri,Thanks for the comment.Got to keep up with the scenery designers...:-)Anyway I'm cheating.... it's amazing what you can do with a photograph. :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Pete,Thanks mate. You would already know that I have problems with mirror imaging on the wing root fillet panels. Unfortunately Nalanji dreaming has totally different murals on each side. At present I have just painted the fillet panels a neutral dark blue. It doesn't look too bad but there is no way I can correctly paint the fillet panels.Ah well, life wasn't meant to be easy. :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY