Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

I'm not "Nasty" enough!! Who's Capt. Bob?

>Thanks for listening to one of my more mild rants. (if you >made it all the way to the end. :-) ) >Reading all of that, wasn't any worse than my first "blue screen of death" with FS2002 this evening! :)L.Adamson

Guest phil

>Reading all of that, wasn't any worse than my first "blue >screen of death" with FS2002 this evening! :) :-lol :-lolI'd prefer one of Joe's posts to the BSOD anyday!Take no notice of Larry equating your posts with the BSOD Joe, sum of us still luv ya! :-lol

Ahhhhh,The elusive BSOD we all thought was gone from MS forever... :-lolI've only had a few of those. One thing that helps me is I always write down everything I install, so if there is a problem, I can track it. It has always been an add-on of one sort or another.One example. I enjoy Bush flying and the great folks at BFU have designed some awesome scenery. Well, with that scenery installed, I then installed Eddie Denny's mesh for Alaska, and wammo...Crash to desktop at 16% texture loading every time from Moudi's or shorepoint with the send report to MSFT. Well, needless to say I didn't send the report because it was an add-on, and I understand that is the risk. I removed the mesh and all is fine again.I don't even want to debug what the problem was. It just is not worth the time or effort. Who knows where the problem is, as it just is not that important to me. A Stable sim is, and that is what I have with both sims unless I screw it up. :-)Regards,Joe :-wavehttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

I usually try to ignore the negative posts here. I check out all posts from time to time just to see if any major changes or upgrades have came out. I see that the two parties have made amends somewhat. But I also see that this post at this time has been viewed close to 500 times. This should show something to those who at times get a bug up their butt, that we dont live in a perfect world. Nor do we live in a perfect simulator world either. Now unless things have changed drastically since I went to bed last night and woke up this morning. Then much hasnt changed since then. Other than the usual pillaging and mayhem that goes on around the world every single day. Their will always be someone who has nothing better to do with their time than to just find something to complain about. Just like some of the 477 people who have viewed this post just for the sake of hoping to see some mud slinging.For those who havent been around for awhile let me try to set the record straight about FlyII!. To try and compare FlyII! and any of the Microsoft Flight sims dollar for dollar is akin to comparing a Mercedes to a golf cart. When I say " dollar for dollar " I am speaking of the resources that are available to the two different developing parties involved. Had Terminal Reality had the technical resources available that Microsoft has then maybe things would have been different. But the end result is what really matters to the consumer. If this was the issue at hand then anyone with any common sense would agree that any product released by Microsoft should and would be expected to be bug free at release. But this isnt the case as we all to well know. To my knowledge there hasnt been any one program out there that is or was bug free upon release. They all have some sort of patch or upgrade to them eventually.That being said. The fine people at Terminal Reality busted their butts to release a outstanding finished product. The issue is that they got screwed by the publisher GodGames and were forced to release an unstable product. They asked for more time to work out the bugs that were in the product that was to be sent to the customers. I know this as a fact as I was one of those who helped in the beta testing. Many of us were just as upset as the customers who went out and purchased the sim off the shelf. All of our names are in the credits for the sim as beta testers. No we werent the actual developers of the sim. But without the help of dedicated beta testers that were involved in its development, this sim would have never even been ready for release probably for another year or more. We worked day and night as the deadline approached to provide as much information possible and in the closing days their were some major gains made. At one point it didnt look very good. Mr Harvey was very ill and in the hospital. Not being able to get his input and final say on alot of issues made matters even worse. I for one am very happy that Mr Harvey is still with us today, without him none of what we have would been possible. I tip my hat to all of the third party developers out there who work on their own time to help improve FlyII!. Without them what would FlyII! be like? So before anyone wants to rant and rave about how bad FlyII! is or they feel ripped off by Terminal Reality. Do some research first about what actually took place. Trust me not a single person wanted FlyII! to be a failure and we all did what was humanly possible to see that happen. As far as that fact is FlyII! is far from being a failure. Yes it was released with bugs I do not argue that point. I have explained as to why that happened.Just a little tidbit of info for all the naysayers of Terminal Reality and FlyII!. How many of you out there knew this? About Terminal Reality Headquartered in Lewisville TX, Terminal Reality is a technology-driven independent developer of PC, Mac, PlayStation2, Xbox, and Dreamcast games. Founded in 1994, the company has created several best-selling games including Terminal Velocity, Microsoft Hellbender, Microsoft Monster Truck Madness 1 & 2, Nocturne, 4x4 EVO, FLY! and the award-winning Microsoft CART Precision Racing. In addition, Terminal Reality created the first 3D game for the Windows 95 platform, Microsoft Fury3. Terminal Reality also licenses its innovative Nocturne Engine that features real-time lighting/shadowing, cloth simulation, volumetric fogging and cinematic cameras. The Nocturne engine recently powered the highly acclaimed Blair Witch trilogy of games, developed jointly by Terminal Reality, Human Head Studios, and Ritual Entertainment. http://www.terminalreality.com. Errrr did I read this correctly??? No tell me it isnt real? Wow it is!!!!!!!!! What a revelation !!!!!! Terminal Reality had created some of the biggest hits from the past out there for Microsoft. Now the next time you want to bad mouth Terminal Reality stop and chew on this before you do so. To use the words of a old cousin of mine Paul Harvey...... Now thats the rest of the story. Good Day! :) I feel much better now that I have that off my chest. :)Why Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 23.11ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP