Sign in to follow this  

It is strange to me

Hello there I wanna ask you about the ap in fly2why does the autopilot not hold altitude or heading at the same time And why can i just use one feature at once i am used to fs2002 where you can use all at one time Speed hold heading hold and alt hold Best regards Kjartan J

Guest captbulldog

What plane are you flying. Fly uses realistic AP (:)) and thus differ from plane to plane. Sounds like you are using a plane with a single axis AP, ie the Cessna.Preston

I have been flying from cessna to 747 but always when i am maybe in ten thousand feets and i wanna put the heading on the alt goes off or the speed hold goes off WHY

Guest Henri W

Kjartan,I am really puzzled why this happens for you. On my system I have no problem at all to use e.g. altitude and heading hold at the same time. Of course, as Preston mentioned the functionality of the AP depends on the particular aircraft you are flying. Try the Kingair for instance and let us know what happens. Hopefully we can solve your problems.Best regards,Henri

I have this strange problem too. I usually fly the Peregrine jet. Got the european version of FLY II with the two patches mentioned somewhere on this board. The speed hold doesn't work at all, the alt hold works until I press something else on the AP, then it shuts down, seems like a button press on it cancels what I pressed before.Maybe there's something I might be doing wrong but I doubt it though, more likely it's just a bug of some sort.

Guest Henri W

Agnar,I think the speed hold works a bit differently than what people might be used to from MSFS. When pressed during climb it holds the current speed by adjusting the climb rate. In other words the climb rate decreases when getting higher. The problem with the ALT hold is weird. I never had it occur on my system; for me it was okay with all patches, I think. What patch version are you running?Henri

G'day Kjartan,Mate just did a flight with the 747-300. Heading mode and altitude hold both engaged at same time and worked perfectly!Speed control tripped heading mode off.If it can't be done in reality then Fly!II will not allow it. I'm not a pilot but can you in actual fact have all three engaged simultaneously?I thought speed control was for approach? Could be wrong.... usually am :-)Could be a case of finger problems or a bad file. Could you please give your computer specs and the patch status of Fly! II.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest captbulldog

All of the sudden I feel like this has been brought up with Fly2 was newly released. Has it? :-hmmmPreston

Guest Josve

I don't think the speed hold is modelled in fly2.The only plane that have speed hold is the 777 from pmdg.For all other aircraft,when you press spd hld,the autopilot cuts.....or the alt or hdg hld shuts off.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Guest andrewluck

HenriYou are correct. Speed hold on the Fly! autopilots (with the exception of the 777) is not an autothrottle. If you're going faster than the command speed then the A/P will start to climb the aircraft to bleed off the excess speed and vice versa. Obviously, this is incompatible with ALT hold. It can't do both at once.No reason though why HDG or NAV modes can't be used with either SPEED or ALT modes though. Works fine for me.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

G.day first of all i want to tell you about this i know a lot of pilots that fly for Icelandair thats were i work and when i first got fs 2002 i asked them about the ap in 737 and 757 and all the answers were the same from all of them you can let the ap do everything alt/hdg/spd and all of that but the only thing is in the real planes is that if you use the ap the wing leveller does not go off until you use the heading on the autopilot thats itso when i use fly2 and tried the ap i was shocked a lotmy machine is motherboard ms6380-leamd 1338 mhz768 mb ddr64 mb geforce 2 mx 400 proand the last i have the uk version of fly with all the patches were recomended in the First time flyers topic from this forumthats it for now

I am running the 2.01.230 patch, european version.I just fly the Peregrine jet, the others I don't fancy enough, yet.Anyway, this sim is far better than MSFS in anyway except this :( Got MSFS 2k2 pro here and the AP allows all holds, like my bro said somewhere here, the only thing that a real Boeing jet AP doesn't allow is to disengage the wingleveller unless you use the heading hold to steer the plane.

Kjartan-I'd recommend waiting for this weekend - we're releasing the 757 this weekend (barring any unforeseen circumstances of course!).Also- try our 777 - it's also got a perfectly able AutoThrottle that works independent of the other AFDS modes.Cheers,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thanks to you sir i.ve been waiting a lot to have 757 for fly2so it seems that my time is coming soonbest regards Kjartan J