Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

Catastrophic Damage

I generally fly out of KPHL on a regular basis but always run into the same problem. :-grr The majority of the time, when I start up Fly!2, no matter what aircraft I choose to fly, I must make repairs. :-mad The reason is because I am either on top of, under or in the way of some 747. :-8 Once the repairs are made, I am teleported to runway 26. :-boom When using C4TO, I am given clearance to another runway!. How can one change the starting position of the aircraft so that repairs are not constantly required. It's a long way from runway 26 to 9R. :-newburn Any help is appreciated!!Curtis :-)

Curtis,Which version of Fly!II are you running?C4TO works like the real world, in that you are assigned a runway based on prevailing winds. If you would prefer a different runway than the one you are being assigned, change the winds to align with that runway. If you use real weather (a metar) and are correctly assigned a runway that is some distance away from your current position, use slew mode if you don't want to take the time to taxi.

Randall Rocke

Hi CurtisOne possible solution to avoid the crash is to slew up to a point out of the way and save the situation. Then you can load this situation when you want to start from KPHL.RegardsJean

Guest Roy

... or you can use the taxiway-editor and change the "Source"-point to another location.Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

What about turning off the "hardness" of buildings/objects/other aircraft? In Fly!2K, I am often plopped right under some bigger aircraft that would otherwise crush me when I start the sim...so I turned off the collision-whatever-it's-called, and now the planes just taxi right through me. This is perhaps the easist solution of them all, although I don't know if Fly 2 has that option since I don't own it...< Eric >St. Cloud RegionalKSTC

Randall:I'm using the U.S. version, patched to 230.Curtis

Ken:I have FlyStart! How are changes made? Where are the codes for the airports, etc. found?Curtis

I thank all of you that have responded. Having to repair everytime you want to fly is a hassel! Thanks again for your advice.Curtis

Guest Allan Jones

When I first scanned the post (before the part about the damage being caused by errant AI planes), I thought it was what I get about every tenth flight.I set up the scenario, then decide to change planes. When the new plane finishes loading, it is dropped onto the apron, often hard enough to total the plane. The problem is that, after repairing damage, I'm on the active runway. I would prefer to taxi out if I'm using ATC. I keep AI aircraft turned off because I have a "performance-challenged" system.Haven't been able to spot a pattern yet (which plane, which airport, etc.)

Guest Dean

The easiest way I have found to avoid the damage caused by the other A/C is to disable damage modeling from the pull down menu. Having it on doesn't really add much for me since every landing is a good one.;)