Sign in to follow this  

Posts about other sims in this forum

Guest Ken_Salter

All,You may agree that I am pretty tolerable of a little back and forth in this forum between "the sims", as long as the AVSim guidelines are met.I mean, without Larry, the Fly! forum would only have half as many posts, right? ;-)But don't think for a minute that I will let any childish bickering take place here, no matter who it is.http://www.thesalters.org/images/Avsim_sig_KS.jpg

Guest Ken_Salter

And, as a matter of common decency, there is no point trolling other forums.If someone says something in another forum, you are free to respond.But trying to start something is not in keeping with the spirit of the forums.http://www.thesalters.org/images/Avsim_sig_KS.jpg

Ken,Trolling, I don't think I've heard or thought of that since I went Deep Sea fishing when I was a teenager.Thank you Ken for locking the other thread, in order to prevent any retailitory work from other forums. That was very considerate, and yes, I care. :)

Guest GrantM

KenThanks for protecting the dignity and maturity of this forum. There are many who have something to say, while a few have to say something. The helpful exhange of information about FLY!II is the focus of this forum, that is why I come here and appreciate all the informed persons who contribute to our common knowledge of the subject at hand. The other important component to this forum is its spirit, yes, it does have one, that's what we appreciate about any place, its good character. Most times, this character is affected positively by various factors and needlessly by personal negativity.Time to come down from the pulpit now and get back into the cockpit! :-lolThanks for your good moderation Ken.Grant

I agree 100% with Grant.As a happy user and developer for both fly and msfs2002, I always thought that enthusiasm for flying and flighsimming comes first.Although they are quite controversial and rating stars of the discussion forums, the agressive debates on "my product is better than yours" are becoming annoying and unbearable.Fly forums have always been outstanding with dignity and maturity as Grant said. Many thanks Ken for your friendly , careful and good moderation.Biber

Thanks Grant, I agree fully with your post. I do believe that maturity is a big factor in the my sim is better than yours bantering. Captain Bob, please give it a rest (I know, you don

I agree to a point, except that I think Fly! stinks and that Richard Harvey guy is nothing but a trouble-maker. Though I have to say, Fly!'s panels sure do beat the heck out of the panels that Wings of Fury has -- that lame product only uses 2 colors on the panel, and you'd think it was only running at like 180x120 pixel resolution.(Ooops, am I using my inside voice on the outside again???)In all seriousness -- we should all be participating here for our love of aviation and aircraft. While Corvette and Viper owners may argue with one another on specs, in most cases they all have a desire for muscle cars with beefy engines and Z rated tires. Just because you might like red over black, or V-8 over V-10, or hardtop vs. convertible, is no reason to be critical of your neighbor for having their own preference. I've said before, life would be pretty darn boring if everyone you knew liked exactly what you liked, and we all owned the same cookie-cutter home with the same furniture and same clothes and 2.3 kids.Rich

Hi Richard,I just want to state for the record that I will take a BMW over a Corvette or Viper any day of the week. :-lol :-lolContinue to take care of yourself Richard and thanks for the lighthearted view... :-)Regards,Joe :-wavehttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Mike94

50. "Holy Cow!!!"In response to message #49Youre right, Rich! This stuff really gets on my nerves..This is what i posted on the 'other' forum: (thread now locked)--------------------------------------------------------------- ... my goodness!! Don't people have other problems than to debate if it's appropriate to post something froman other sim here??Isnt't it nice to have a look over the fence, to see what other things are going on in the flightsim-world??When i'm over in the Fly forum, i really dont have a problem with reading things about MSFS there.. Where's the problem????I for myself use both Sims (Good Lord forgive me, i am a Fly user too..), and i enjoy both!I agree with the poster who said we are a flightsim-family. I doesn't matter which Sim we use, we all have one thing in common, and this is the love to fly. So the whole debate here is nonsens!And.. before someone jumps in here, and complains that my grammar is not right... i'm sorry, i'm german.. Hugg each other and stop this nonsense! Let's enjoy our MSFS, Fly!, PSS Airbus, our PMDG B7x7, our x-plane or whatever!Cheers,Michael

I Completely agree with you Michael. Your about the only one that has even remotely said anything positive about my post. I feel like poor Mike Stone.:(

Guest Mike94

so i guess you learned your lesson :-)Just thinking the word 'Fly!' over there in the other forum usually brings up a storm!I have no idea why this is so. Perhaps some kind of jealousy or such plays a role.. i don't know.I for myself am always happy to look over the fence, and when people 'advertise' things they like in other forums. It's a hobby, and i'm open to all sides, i only can profit from this.Here in the Fly forum the atmosphere is much more friendly and polite than over there.Cheers,Michael

"...boring if everyone you knew liked exactly what you liked, and we all owned the same cookie-cutter home with the same furniture and same clothes and 2.3 kids."I'll say! And pretty damn messy with the 0.3rd kid. Yuck! And besides you might not like the other two families with the other two-thirds of your kid...Cheers, Tony