Sign in to follow this  

Posts about other sims in this forum

>50. "Holy Cow!!!" >In response to message #49 >Youre right, Rich! This stuff really gets on my nerves.. >>This is what i posted on the 'other' forum: (thread now >locked) >--------------------------------------------------------------- >>>>I for myself use both Sims (Good Lord forgive me, i am a Fly >user too..), and i enjoy both! >>I agree with the poster who said we are a flightsim-family. >I doesn't matter which Sim we use, we all have one thing in >common, and this is the love to fly. So the whole debate >here is nonsens! >>>Hugg each other and stop this nonsense! Let's enjoy our >MSFS, Fly!, PSS Airbus, our PMDG B7x7, our x-plane or >whatever! >>Cheers, >Michael I whole heartedly agree with Michael about this one. What does it matter which darned flight sim that anyone uses? I have FlyII!, X-Plane, Falcon 4.0, Warbirds, and several others. I still have Sublogics Flight Sim on 1 Floppy disk. Not that really means squat. BUT I ENJOY FLIGHT SIMMING AS MUCH AS BLACKBERRY COBBLER!!!!!!!!! :_jumpy :_jumpy :_jumpyBut I would like to think that we are a family of sorts. So we as humans react as such. Sometimes we agree and other times we dont. I dont like the practice of antagonizing or posting just to get something started. I do agree that if this appears to be the case then a thread should be locked. While in some instances a good debate doesnt do any harm. This was all I was doing in the thread that was locked upon my post to it. http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID14I will admit that at first it did rub me the wrong way. I guess that comes from my having been a part of the beta testing of FlYII!. This was my first time at getting to work on a beta test of a flight sim. I had previously worked on some other programs. But you have to realize that at that time my computer was far below the guidelines set for even running FlyII!. It amazed some of the other testers that I could actually get it to run. Since then I have upgraded to a much faster system and I spend several hours each day just enjoying all of the flight sims installed on my drive.I also admit that after going back and looking at the thread that I then realized I probably got off topic somewhat. And Im probably doing the same here and the result will probably be the same this thread will be locked. I have always had a tendancy to speak my mind. :) SO when I seem to appear antagonastic in my replys or posts. I dont really mean to be. Im just a very plain spoken person. My love of anything related to Aviation started a youngster in the suburbs of Chicago. We lived just blocks away from Midway Airport. We were in direct line of the approach path. This was way before the restrictions were placed on the decibel levels that the engines could displace.Good Lord I still remember hearing the dishes rattle in the cupboard. Next to a Harley Davidson motorcycle there is nothing like the sound of a Airplane or Jet passing overhead. I think some of you will understand how I feel and some will read this and wonder what the heck has this guy been smoking? I quit that stuff several years ago. :_roll So in closing I will try in the future to keep my posts or replys short and sweet. I guess I will just have to print out the guidelines for posting here and post them to my desktop in clear view. No Im not being sarcastic about it. Just being very honest. Why Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 23.11ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

>Just thinking the word 'Fly!' over there in the other forum >usually brings up a storm! >I have no idea why this is so. Perhaps some kind of jealousy >or such plays a role.. i don't know. That's "gotta" be the reason for sure!! :-lol L.Adamson

Guest Dean

>Hi Richard, >>I just want to state for the record that I will take a BMW >over a Corvette or Viper any day of the week. :-lol :-lol Not me. I'll take the Corvette.