Sign in to follow this  

Terrascene Textures (Pics)

This is my new edited version of the default Fly! 2 Textures for use with Terrascene 2.1. As I said in my last post I would give the Tri and The Fly! 2 Developers the full credit for making this wonderful textures. http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID14I made the textures Brighter and also added a little depth.Comments Appreciated,(pluto1168)KelvinP.S Won't be uploaded for a while until I get permission form developersBefore and After

Well not yet, I'm working on it SorryPluto1168(kelvin)

Guest Dean

I like the added depth but the images look a little "hot" to me. Maybe too much contrast? Looks good otherwise.

Thank you for the suggestion dean I'll fix that. In flight screenshot Comming soon! I'll keep you guys posted.Pluto1168

Nice work Kelvin.....Are you using some of the Paschal's techniques to obtain the depth perception ?Allen

AllenIt's Just a simple process of adding "bump up" effect to the important sections of the map(Real long process I'll explain it later on). Like trees, fields and also buildings. But just after contacting Mr. Richard Harvey theres been a slight problem on releasing this texture pak. So don't really expect it soon until we work things out.Pluto1168(kelvin)

Yes, if those are the excellent textures created by Jak and HITW (for TRI), then there would be problems with re-releasing them. In case you had not heard, the textures were being misused by 3rd party commercial developers. As a result, they were pulled from public access sites.It's a real shame, but I understand why it has to be this way. I would do the same thing if I was Jak.Allen

Allen,Just to clarify, the textures we created for TRI were created exclusively for TRI and are not the same textures we created for the TerraScene releases. The TerraScene textures are the ones that we had to pull from public distribution. The TRI Fly!II textures have never been made available except within Fly!II.Regards,Jak Fearonhow in the world?http://www.howintheworld.comhttp://www.howintheworld.com/hitw-images-misc/banner.jpg