Sign in to follow this  

Question for our ROTW friends.....

Guest Allan Jones

....the SIMVOL web site says that a Mac version of the TBM700 is in the works (at least I think that's what it said -- the translation web site I used was understandably "choppy").Do you have an estimate on when it might be ready?Thanks for everything you've done for our community.Regards,

Guest rene_35

Hi Allan,The difficulty to have a Mac version is to "convert" the PC "dll".And it seems not easy at all. If you can help us, you will be welcome (you will be welcome even you can't help us :-) )Several of ROTW people are "Mac'users" and work to find a solution.Regards,Ren

Guest Allan Jones

Thanks. Rene.There maybe someone on the Mac Fly forum who knows about converting dll's. If you post a request for help there, you will get some expert assistance. There have been some posts recently regarding Mac development environments and software, so someone is thinking about this problem.I have no files in my Module folder yet the PA19 and 28 run great on my Mac. I thought the PC version used dll's. Are they diabled in the Mac version? If so, it has not dimished my enjoyment of these excellent flight models!I would love to help but I haven't written code for 15-20 years, and don't have coding software :( However, should you need a tester, I'm really good!Thank you again,

Rene,I might be able to help you with this one :-)I have compiled working dlls for the Mac version of Fly!II, the only problem is, if you have any custom drawn gauges they will not be shown properly due to a bug in the sdk - as far as I know, subsystems are o.k.Give me a shout if you want to try and get something sorted. I don't have the Mac version of Fly!II, so it tends to be a trial and error process of me compiling them and then sending them to someone to test them.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest Allan Jones

Thanks, Matthew!Have Mac....have broadband....can test. Let me know if you tackle this and need a field tester.Regards,

Rene (or anyone who knows),I downloaded the PA-28 but...where's the airplane frominside the cabin?Did you model it, or do I just get the (terrific) panel?Just curious...JimG4 933/768MB/Superdrive/GeForce 4 MX/OS 9.2.2/OS X

Guest Allan Jones

Jim,I just figured out about 10 days ago that you have to be running Fly at 1024x768 to see the rest of the very handsome interior. As I usually run at 800x600 in deference to my slow processor, I flew the PA28 with the panel only for a long time before I saw someting posted here that mentioned the res setting.Maybe I will learn to read instructions! *:-*

Guest rene_35

Jim,Allan 's answer is right. You have to be in 1024x768 video format in Fly!II to obtain interior vews. Thanks Allan.;)Matthew, I send your post to Laurent, our dll's developper. I think he can give you the source code.Our Mac leader is Azzuro (azzurro@mac.com) you can contact him also.Ren

Allan (and Rene),Guys...Oh, man...D'OH!!A quick change of res and lo and behold...AIRPLANE frominside!I, too, should read the instructions! In my haste to FLY!, I probably just skimmed right over that!!JimQuicksilver G4 933/768 MB/SuperDrive/GeForce 4 MX/OS 9.2.2/OS 10.1.4/Ch Trio: (Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedals)

Matthew:I can also do testing if needed.Hope you can get this .dll compilation resolved soon. JimQuicksilver G4 933/768 MB/SuperDrive/GeForce 4 MX/OS 9.2.2/OS 10.1.4/Ch Trio: (Fighterstick, Pro Throttle/Pedals)

Hi Rene,You can contact me at matt.horridge@btinternet.comAlso, Jim and Allen, I'll probably be in touch shortly, if and when Rene wants to send me the source code.Hopefully we'll get something sorted fairly soon. :-)Cheers,Matthew.

Guest Allan Jones

Thanks so much for the responses. :-jumpyI saw a freeware program called MacPython on versiontracker.com that seemed to get high marks. Would such a program be useful in working with the dlls?

Hi Allan,>Thanks so much for the responses.Thanks! :-) Hopefully we'll be able to get something sorted out.I've just had a quick look on version tracker, but I don't think MacPython would be too useful for working with dlls.Cheers,Matthew.

Hi Matthew,Here are the source code for the 3 tbm dll's.Laurent

Hi Laurent,Thanks for those - I'll see what I can do. :-)Cheers,Matthew.