Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Could these forums go to pot?

I've seen the new rules banning sim comparison's etc. & can agree at least half way. Afterall, I've pushed them to the limits myself, trying not to go over the edge! :)But having to lock the thread titled "Fly! 2 - Slow By Design :-(", because it's the new rules seems to go to far! Just when it get's interesting............. it's locked! Besides, I did want to mention that even my Athlon 1900XP get's bogged down in FLYII, when facing airports with buildings. Turn the aircraft & it's fluid. Look towards buildings & the fps drop dramatically. I can even run another "sim" with the internet & just about everything else running in the background with no noticeable loss of fps. If I'm making comparisons with a fairly high ended machine here, then I NEED to mention the "other" sim!!If a comparison to xxxxx or xxxxx is brought into the picture, then so what........... at least to a degree! I can see these forums becoming much to "sterile" which will probably result in much less viewership!! I don't want a "sanitized" FLY forum where everything supposedly is perfect, & the same goes for MSFS forums. I don't have the perfect answer to prevent "wars of the replys", but "one size" isn't going to fit all......... either! This is a bummer!!L.Adamson

Guest Ken_Salter

Larry (and others),I locked the thread. If you wish to discuss the matter, I respectfully suggest sending an email to Tom or Scott.If you feel my interpretation of the rule is too "literal", I will be happy to discuss it with you offline.I am going to lock this thread too, because I would rather discuss this offline than take up space in the forum. No disrespect intended (I foresaw this post, but not necessarily from you...)Thanks,http://www.thesalters.org/images/Avsim_sig_KS.jpg