Sign in to follow this  
Guest Philip Olson

i reinstalled fly2 finally on a clean install of win xp

I still have the samething happen no matter what.After flying for no more than 5 mins my computer restarts.I know it's the famous loop error.Iam still the only one dealing with this.I reinstalled fly2 today with no problems.Flow around for 20 or so mins with no problem.The all of sudden it happened.just as a before and now just as before it does not stop.I just can't get rid of it.Being a fly support since the beging i do not give up easly but iam at my wits end with this.I done everything by the book for upgrading fly2 as stated in the FAQ here.My system is completly up to date.i have not seen this issue in the forums for a long time so i figured i would give it another go.I have never in 2 years completed one flight !.Iam not running any anti virus in the background.I do not have any crazy tweaks to XP pro,it's all up to date.Rich if you read this do you have any idea what's going on.I know AMD+Nvidia for FLY2 has not had a good rap but there has to be some way around this.Different drivers are not the key either for i have tried it !Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Rich make sure you have netmeeting completely disabled. Basicly not loaded and not showing in the bottom right corner. CB

i have never installed netmeeting.I did a custom install and only installed what i need too Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest Philip Olson

Richard, I can not help to think that your problem lies with your motherboard, cpu or memory. I have seen it several times that someone can not run a piece of software no matter what they do, even if others that have the same set up can run the same program fine. I know that this is not an answer that you are looking for but I am sure that if you changed out your memory, cpu, and/or motherboard the problem would go away. I do not know why this happens, it defies logic, but I had the problem with a Compaq computer I owned and have seen it with others systems. If there is anyway that you could get some different memory module(s) and replace the current memory to see if that helps. Next if anyone you know will let you borrow a similar cpu to yours and put that in your system to test that. The motherboard is perhaps the hardest thing to "test" but I will bet you a "virtual beer" that one of those things is the cause. In fact as I was writing this I was also talking to the IT guy from the company that I used to work for and he agrees with this as well. What kind of Mobo do you have? Maybe I can find an extra one around here someplace and send it to you. Good Luck!!PhilipSpecs AMD 2100 XP 1024MB PC2700 DDR GF4 TI 4600 128MB SB Audigy PlatinumWindows XP

My motherboard has nothing to do with this.It did this with my other setup too.I have all top of the line stuff except for my GF3.I have a MSI pro 2 kt266 A with software raid options.The bios is current.The 4 n 1 drivers are current.It's funny how everything was going well for hours then it happened once . blue screen and now it will not go away.As soon as i take off it's dead.It's the only program that gives me any problems.Being a computer tech I have taken every known messure i can think of and nothing works.The rest of my system runs fine.FS2002 runs like a dream.i wish fly would :-(now that i think about it.I did install the PMDG 777 which has a new .exe.I noticed i was at .218 for a version number so i went and reinstalled the .230 patch.This i believe is where the problem began.I wonder if i need to go through the whole patch process again ? Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest Philip Olson

Richard, Sorry, I did not realise that this problem came up on a different system too. I suppose I should have gone back and looked at some of your other posts. :-hmmm Now I have no idea on what it could be. Well I'll keep thinking and if I come up with anything I'll let you know.Good luck!Philip