Sign in to follow this  

Squawk Box

Hi there,Has anybody got an answer to my question, I have been wanting to use the SB but I have no Idea on IP addresses which one i need to connect with. Also when ever I tried to use SB FLY 2 would stutter along and freeze thus having to reboot system and trying again so much to the point that I had received the error message streamio.cpp line 182. so as you can see I have been unsuccesful at flying online and would greatly love too. does anyone have a solution?Thanks Monkey Boy

I have downloaded FLY 2 .230 patch and have also downloaded SB 3.02,I just noticed that the FS build problem futher down the page is having the same erroe message would I have to delete the file to make it work propoerly?

Mike_Bravo,1. What on-line ATC group do you belong to? VATSIM? IVAO?for VATSIM, copy down the server(s) nearest you:http://data.satita.net/who_vatsim.htmlfor IVAO, copy down the server(s) nearest you:http://www.ivao.org/network/ns/Once you have the current IP addresses, edit your sbConnect.WIN (in the UItemplate folder) and look for the following section: ========== BEGIN OBJECT ========== ipMN 17 PopupMenu defa Internet Address of Server 10 30 155 38 1 1 deff 145 2 0 140 15 155 23 ip1_ 64.246.28.98 ip2_ 64.246.28.98 ip3_ 209.61.182.205 ip4_ 216.122.53.225 ip5_ 128.125.94.195 ========== END OBJECT ==========Overtype the old server IPs with the new server IPS and save the file when done.Start FLY!2, start SB, let us know what happens.

thanks for the input I have succeeded in making SB work properly. looks like I had been doing it backwards, instead of checking the IP address first and doing the above instructions. I would run SB connected check the IP addresses that come with the install try to hook up this is where it would freeze and the error message would appear next time I tried to Run Fly 2.So for those of you getting Stuck Get the ip address first off the IVAO or Vatsim pages then change the SBconnect file, then run fly.I had my first online flight last night, however there was only one controller on the east so I changed my Departure airport, my question is now if I'm on the west coast and there is no controller can I still proceed without clearence. what's the recommendationFYI is there a posting for the latest patches and upgrades as I had to thumb thru files to find SB 3.02 in the SB / pro controller file on the av sim library.thanks for all input Monkey Boy( grabs nearest tree and swings away happy)