Sign in to follow this  
maxter

I am a pilot!

Well, like everyone else here is my CONCRATULATIONS! I am so gealous of you. :-)Take careMike

Todd, Congrats and we all hope you have many more safe days of flying. This is what its all about. :-beerchugTonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.30Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 28.32ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ AUDIO/ATX MB, DDR 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB 4X-AGP

Great job I`ll go up with you , now that you can get a $100.00 hamburger.great job now GET BACK TO WORK, (lol.)anyway, be safe up there and watch for trafic Jeff Akins pp-inst-comm 172 rg meacham-KFTW 276 hrs Air first:-kewl :-cool :-yellow1

Hi ToddCongratulations and welcome to the skies... :-beerchugHenrik

Congratulations Todd,Wishing you happy and safe flights,Biber

Guest Philip Olson

Todd,Congratulations!!!!! I am envious, even though I am not too far behind you. I have not been able to post my experiences due to time constraints, but I have written them down so maybe one day I'll fill you guys in. I know that by writing down my experiences now as they happen they will provide some amusement later on in life! :( Anyway enjoy the moment, you have achieved something that not too many people can do, you are a pilot!Take care, PhilipP.S. I hope that I can get through in 45 or 50 hours too!

Guest Mgarmy

Todd,Your writings were inspiring enough to me to actually start looking around and get going with the real thing. Hopefully I will be in the same position where you are by the end of the year.Congratulations and all the best with conquering those skies!Mannie

Congratulations Todd!I was surprised when I saw this thread! I thought you had started a few days ago! You are very fast and certainly talented.Would be too far to come for a ride, for the while I'll stick to my computer. Thanks for sharing all those moments.It's interesting to see how many real pilots we have here!Cheers!Pascal

Guest Hagar

Well done, Todd !And thanks for the reports, they were really inspiring. If I ever get over there again and see a GA plane dive bombing an airport, I will know who it is :)

Congrats Todd!Thanks for sharing your experiences...they have been inspirational. Keep em' coming!All the best,Michael SmithPrecision Manuals DG - General Aviationwww.precisionmanuals.com

Todd,Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!I've followed your student experiences for the VERY few monthsyou've been working towards your pilot's license.You've accomplished this dream so quickly - I'm happy for you.I'm just a "virtual" pilot (using Fly!2K, and FS2K2), butmaybe when the kids a grown, I'll get the itch/urge to fly in the REAL world.Again - keep up the great stories of your future solos!!!!JerryG

Guest DNelson

Todd,When I heard on the news this morning that there had been an earthquake in the Bay area yesterday, I was afraid it might have been caused by your first checkride landing. :-lol :-lol :-lolSeriously, congratulations. Also, very good comment from the examiner about considering passenger comfort. That's a topic that's important but receives little or no attention during PPL training. I remember that right after my PPL checkride (which occurred back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) I grabbed my best friend and took him up for a ride. Since I had done hundreds of stalls over the last several months and considered them a non-event, I casually said, "Hey, wanna see a stall?", then before he could reply I hauled back on the stick and showed him a good, aggressive power-on stall. BIG mistake! He turned white as a sheet and didn't say a word the rest of the day. Fortunately we're still friends. I learned a lot about passenger psychology that day, and I learned it the hard way.Dan

Congratulations Todd. Hope to see you next time I'm in the West Coast. -DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.