Sign in to follow this  
Guest jeffg

Flyscripts problem starting

Guest jeffg

I just installed C4TO ver2 and Flyscripts 2.1 and placed everything per both read me files in the right places.I put a !after flyscripts and placed both files for c4to in the flyscripts file,I also placed the flyscripts dll into modulespc.When I go into Fly2 and plan a flight and get into it I press alt12 and get the following message there are no files in /flyscripts dir.I have no idea what the problem is any ideas from someone? JeffG

do you have Flyscripts! file in the fly root ?I just recently installed same set up had no probs but recently I am getting no reply from clr twr or dep after radio contact is made.Monkey Boy:-hmmm

Guest jeffg

The read me has nothing about putting Flyscripts in the root dir,just in the modulespc dir. Jeffg

Jeff,Let's make sure there is no confusion here. You need to have created a brand new Flyscripts! directory in the root directory of Fly! II. It is in that directory that both C4TO files are placed.The flyscripts dll file goes into ModulesPC - no C4TO file is placed there.

Randall Rocke

Monkey,A few questions for clarification:1. How have you been tuning the frequency for clearance, departure, tower?2. C4TO works out of any airport, while the generic ATC will not3. What airports were you flying out of (or into)? Did they have small runways? C4TO was designed with the heavies in mind, so it may come back with a silent little message in the lower left-hand corner such as "Airport Unsuitable" or "Runway Unsafe". This only stays on the screen for a short moment, so you may have missed it.If you get this message instead of a response, the airport probably has a runway under 5,000 ft. That's really not a problem for many of the aircraft in Fly! - even the B200 can be landed within 2,000 ft. To bypass this and get a response to continue your flight, simply declare an emergency: "Alt + E" will give a "Mayday! Mayday! Mayday!" message box in the same low left-hand corner. Once you've done that, you can now press "Alt + C" again, and you should be cleared for the approach and/or departure.

Randall Rocke

Guest jeffg

I created a flyscripts! dir and put the 2 c4to files there and the others in the taxiways dir the and the flyscripts dll in the modulespc dir and when I hit alt f12 I get the message that there are no flyscripts in the flyscripts dir.I am using the latest flyscripts,the file when downloading 2.1 but the file itself says 2.0.0.I am using Fly 2 with the 230 patch and PMDG's 777 and 757 installed. Jeff Gerbert

OK Jeff, here are some other things to check:1. Make sure that the Flyscripts! is not all caps - on some systems I have also seen it not work when it was all lower case letters. I would check that the directory name is just as you see here: Flyscripts!, upper case "F", lower case for the rest of the name followed by an exclamation point. My path happens to look like this:D:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IIFlyscripts!2. Be careful about which directory the voice pods go into. Your listing is correct - Taxiways (not the Taxiway folder right next to it).3. The loading command is Left-Alt-F12, the other Alt key will not work with this.That's all I can think of! If checking the path and case structure of the Flyscripts! directory doesn't help, please post screen shots of the directory tree and the files as they appear in Flyscripts! and ModulesPC so we can see what you have in your setup.

Randall Rocke

Guest jeffg

I have gone back all the files seem to be in the right pages,attached are some pic's of my dir Jeff

Well Jeff, you appear to be set up well. I'm at a loss to explain your difficulty. The only thing that comes to mind: did you create a flight plan with at least one intermediate point before entering the plane?I see that you have a ton of DLLs in your modulespc directory from PMDG - I can't see where that would be a problem, as I know people are using C4TO with PMDG aircraft. Hang in there - maybe someone else will come up with the answer.

Randall Rocke

Guest Eagle

Everything you have in your directories is the same as I have in mine.Can't see a problem there.If you are using FlyII all you need to do is enter a flight plan. Start Fly and then press Left Alt F12. You should see at the bottom left a message telling you that the flyscripts has been started. You can also press F10 and the top screen should show that everything was loaded.You would then press Alt A and then C to hear ATC with your clearance.This only works if you are at an airport with a tower.Hope this helps.Keep FLYing

Hi Jeff,Hmm, that is strange - everything "looks like it's set up correctly. I wonder if this is an XP related problem. Anyone else around here running FLY! II on XP using Flyscripts? I haven't tried the new 757; but I know that every other PMDG product coexisted peacefully with Flyscripts! - after all, Anthony was involved in both of these projects. I'm at a loss right now; but I'll keep thinking about it. Try this (just in case something got corrupted) - remove the files from the Flyscripts! folder, delete the folder, create a new Flyscripts! folder, put the files back in, and try again. I'll also check to see if Anthony has any insight.Regards,Marc

One more thing to try...I see that your script files are all in Large Caps.Rename ATCCFG.FSC to atccfg.fsc C4TOV20.FSE to c4tov20.fseFlyscripts! has been case-sensitive on certain setups in the past - so try lower-case and see if that works.Marc

Thanks Paul,That helps BIG TIME - at least I know it's not an XP (or a PMDG) problem. I haven't had much time to mess around with FLY! lately - but I'm glad to know that it still works with the "newer" technology. I'll probably stick with Win98SE until I'm "forced" to upgrade. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure XP is great; but '98 has served me well for 3 years now... and I'm not about to give up on a good thing. After dealing with DOS for many years, I refuse to fix anything unless it's BROKE!Regards,Marc

Guest jeffg

I will keep trying I am going to remaove everything and try again.Thanks for all the help so far. JeffG