Sign in to follow this  
akriesman

Terramodels V2.2 Released

Guys,Terramodels Version 2.2 has been released and is now in the Avsim library.Here is a list of modifications included in this release:

I:	 Ground marker objects (polygons) can now be irregular shaped with a 	   user-definable number of points.  II:	Added "Select nearest object" mode. In this mode, clicking on the 	   background image will select the closest object. This is very useful 	   for selecting small objects like taxiway signs. III:   Added support for "Diffuse Lighting". You can brighten/darken an 	   individual object, or an entire scenery set (except for static models). IV:	Completely changed the handling of static models to support 3rd party 	   POD files (i.e. the fantastic models created by Biber Salsa). V:	 Added the ability to adjust the display of taxiway positions, in 	   relation to the Fly II runways. This is not a permanent change to the 	   taxiway positioning, but will help when positioning taxiway signs in 	   TM for some airports that do not display correct alignment of taxiways 	   in TM. VI:	You can now center the display area by double-right-clicking the mouse 	   on the background image. VII:   Fixed known lockups which sometimes occur after adjusting TM scenery 	   with the Fly II Editor. VIII:  Slight modifications have been made to the scenery packaging process, 	   as per user requests. This includes the ability to create only a POD 	   response file, or only a SCF file. VIIII: SUPPORT FOR THE FUTURE FLY II PATCH. For the next Fly II version after 	   build 230, TM 2.2 will support ground polygons that are displayed 	   underneath the runways and taxiways. These polygons can be created 	   and easily aligned by selecting vertex points from the taxiways.    X:	 Fixed scaling problem, when using some background images.  This was 	   causing the model placement to show up correctly in TM, but not Fly II.  	   Thanks to Doc of ROTW fame for pointing this out.

Now, a note regarding item VIIII. There is no scheduled release date for the next Fly II patch. Terramodels will detect your version of Fly II, and deactivate the unsupported features. When, and if, the next Fly II patch is released, TerraModels will detect the supported version and active the new features.The documentation has also been updated for this version !You can get the new version by searching the Avsim library. Or, you can download the software from the Terramodels web page (via Avsim).Enjoy !Allen Kriesman

Guest Henri W

Allen,Thanks so much. I have downloaded it already and look forward to using it.Best regards,Henri

Guest nycflyer

Allen, I've been meaning to tell you that I haven't had any problems with the TM22 beta aside from the installer issues that I emailed you about.Thanks!-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPSEL-KTEBAMD xp2000+ - GF4 Ti4400G4/400 - Radeon32

Guest Mgarmy

Allen,This is very good news! Thanks for all your efforts!Mannie

Thats okay Scott. Although, I did think maybe I scared you off somehow with the latest version :-lol Allen

Allen,Thank you for the update and your continued support of the Fly! coomunity.Terramodels is an outstanding application and add-on!Great job,Bob Lyddy

Thanks Allen!Each new TerraModels version is more enjoyable, a lot of fun to make airports, which was a pain before!Thanks for the info on one (possible) feature of the future patch. Sounds great, might be the solution for better airport integration into the landscape!Best Regards!Pascal

might be the solution for better airport integration into the landscape! ;) Allen

Guest Fly II Pilot

Allen,Thanks a lot!!!What an awesome piece of software! I'm becoming adicted to it...Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaSyracuse, NYAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB