Sign in to follow this  
Guest DSandberg

Metar Problem, need info.

Hello, i love to fly in mexican air space, and i have a problem whit the metar reports, for example i download my metar from infometar to use whit fly2, the problem is in infometar the metar report for MMMX is, winds of 350 10kt 10sm sct 3000ft broken 8000ft overcast 25000ft temp 23c dewpoint 13c A3013, and in the sim is a total diferent forcast, is this normal? cant be fix? what can i do. Help Please.Oscar Pacheco. MMTJ.

Oscar,Fly!II has some problems with proper interpretation of metars. Infometar is just a great tool to download and adjust metars - it has nothing to do with any of the problems you've been having.The good news is Mr. Sandberg has developed some special procedures that usually give acceptable results using Infometar with Fly!II. Please go to the FAQ at the top of the forum page. There is a complete tutorial there called Using Infometar with Fly!II - just follow those guidelines and you will get better results. :-)This is also an area that the beta group is looking at - we hope there will be improvements in the future.

Randall Rocke

Guest DSandberg

METARs in Fly II can be more "finicky" than they were in the original Fly!. As RandallR states, the first step is to follow the procedure given in the FAQ thread of this forum. If afterwards you still don't feel the weather is correct, you can get back to me with more specifics about what's wrong with the weather in the sim and I'll see if there's anything else you can do. (In that event, I can be reached either in the forum or via an Avsim forum private message ... the email address given in the InfoMETAR help file is unfortunately no longer valid.)- David Sandberg[br][br]infomsig.jpg

Sorry, where is the FAQ, and thanks.

Sorry, found it. Thanks for your help bout.