Sign in to follow this  

VFR Ocean-Unable to change default water to that shown

Iam unable to change the default water to that,as shown in the GIF image.Ihave changed the fly.ini--waterTilingDensity=2 and Search Pod files=0I am using a GeForce4 Ti4600 and Quincunx Antialiasing.Andy Dale suggests water tweaks.Do you just increase the value of the waterTilingDensity?Rodger.

Hi Rodger :-wave ,I`m the culprit *:-* . Open up your Fly.ini file and look for the line "waterTransparency=", change whatever value you have to "160" (without the quotes) and see if that helps.Also, try out the various sky addons in the library - this will make a huge difference in the hue of the ocean.I`m still halfway through completing a new water animation, not too sure when I will have it finished.I hope this helps,let me know if you have any problems.....ok :-aol .Kind RegardsAndy

Hi Andy,Many thanks for your reply.Ichanged "water Transparency=160".No change.I don't feel confident enough to dabble in the "black art of ini sorcery",will wait and watch.I am using Matt Naragon's Skyfire v 2.0Speaking of scenery ,I live in Sydney,Australia and yesterday we had a magnificent display of mammatus clouds,after our usual autumm thunderstorm,so i have just downloaded Jure's "Big Mammas".Regards,Rodger.

Hi Rodger,Glad you downloaded Jure`s "Big Mammas", good choice.Now, forgive me if you have done this already - but I presume you have an "Art" folder in your main Fly!2 directory.When you unzipped the VFR ocean, you should have ended up with a folder containing .raw .act and .opa files. Did you take all these files "from" this folder and place them in your "Art" folder within the main Fly!2 directory ?.You probably have, but I just want to be certain.Kind RegardsAndy

Andy,I don't seem to have any opa.files.My Art folder contains 64 files, size536KB.Files Waterx00.Act,Waterx100 Raw,Waterx01.ActSorry to be such a nuisance!!Rodger.rodgerbuckley@yahoo.com

Rodger,Sorry, there should be no .opa files included - your right, my local store ran out of my favouite chocolate biscuits, so you can imagine I`m not thinking straight :) .The only other suggestion is, make sure the line "searchPodFilesFirst=0" not =1.And your certainly not a nuisance!, thats what this forum is for :) .Let me know if this helps.Kind RegardsAndy

Andy,UI SearchPodFilesFirst=0It's obvious I have done something wrong!I will reinstall and try again.(My favourite chocolate biscuits are Tim Tams)Sorry for the late reply,battling with an abcessed tooth.Too many bickies.Regards Rodger