Sign in to follow this  

FLY 2 Revisited...now a few questions/problems

After installing FLY 2 last summer and not being happy with performance (due to my system not FLY)I have recently upgraded my system and thought I would give it another try. Gotta say performance is great but have 3 questions.1) I am using the Radeon 7200 w/64MB DDR vid card and the scenery looks great except for the sky. When looking anywhere towards the sun the screen is such a bright white you can hardly look at the screen and the rest of the sky just does not look right at all (colors are strange) Any ideas to fix this one?2) I am using the CH USB Yoke and Pedals and have set them up and they work great except for the fact they are so sensitive with absolutley no dead zone. Can this be adjusted?3) My hometown is CYYC and I was very disappointed to see the taxiways so far out of alignment with runways. Is there a fix or a way to fix this myself?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Sean

Guest Mike94

Sean,the default sky in FlyII is not so pretty, but you can very easily change this. Look in the Fly library for Skies, and you find various files.They consist of a new little 'skies.ini' file, which you simply copy into the Flysystem directory.I like the skies of Ivan from Italy the most, but its a matter of personal taste. Just try them all out and decide for yourself.Dont forget to make a backup-copy of your original skies.ini (if there is one).Good luck,Michael

Thanks a lot Michael!One problem down....2 to go!Sean

Guest chmitch

I can answer number 3. Download the taxiway editor in the file library. I was able to quickly kick out fixes to taxiways in my area with this utility.

Thanks Chad! I love the quick responses!Appreciate the answer...1 to go!

In your root Fly!2 folder, edit the file called 'control.txt'.You will see that for each entry, there is a 'nullzone' property. Experiment with the values you see in there, and you'll get good results.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Thank You very much Lefteris, Now on to FLY!