Sign in to follow this  
Guest hoohah

Some thoughts about Fly!II and Terrasceneries.

Guest captbulldog

There is a way to break up one file into equal parts of many files. The process is also simple. You run this program and tell it which file you want to chop up, then you can either tell it how big you want each parts to be (say 50mb) and it'll chop the file into 50mb pieces, which gives you 6 files. Or you can tell it how many parts you want, say 5 and it'll chop it evenly into 5 parts of 52mb.It'll be named like scenery.1 scenery.2 scenery.3 and so on.It also generate a .bat. Put all files including the .bat in a same folder, run the .bat and it'll stitch the files back together into one original file.It's that easy.Drop me an email if you're interested.Preston

Hi Preston,Thanks, but I have reservations on the average end user being able to successfully stitch it back together again. Too much room for errors on the average user again.Then again, we here in the Fly!II community seem to have some very bright people, eh?I am still learning the programs nuances, so I may upload smaller chunks beginning with my St. Louis Scenery, and if there is eneough demand, I'll take it from there. I have what I consider a good system for doing these.If I do a projetc I will just do smaller pods to upload, which the user can then choose.Thanks Again,Joe :-wavehttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.