Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

French Island Senery

To our friends at ROTW:I'm about to download "Corse1 and Corse2" for Fly!II, (obtained from the AVSIM Library) onto my machine. The installation instructions in the english read me file tells me that I must download the .dex for airports, comm and runways and download the Taxiways. I am instructed to use "DB Import" to extract the 3 .dex files. I went to the Simvol.org site to obtain the required files but the entire site is in French. Can someone from ROTW tell me exactly which files I need? Can I also get a english read me installation file for those particular files? I don't want to screw-up my machine by putting a file in the wrong folder!!Thank you in advance for your help.Curtis

CurtisYou can download the taxiways(put the file in C:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IItaxiways)and the dex-files [link:http://www.simvol.org/ftp/fly/fly_2/Franceapt-f2_v24b.zip]hereThe tool used to import the contents of the .DEX files into FlyII's databases is called Deximport (by Frank Racis) an can be found in Avsim's file library (just look for deximport12.zip)Enjoy your flights over sunny CorsicaJean-Paul http://www.simvol.org/fly/Logos/logojpm.jpg

Jean-Paul:Thank you for such a quick response. However, I am having trouble downloading the .dex-files. When I try to access the link that you gave me, I get a message that the "page can not be displayed". I tried to refresh, but had no luck.Are the .dex file that I need in the "Corse1 and Corse2" files that I downloaded yesterday from the Avsim Library? If so then I should be OK. I have the DexImport program (by Frank Racis) installed on my machine.I am very much looking forward to flying not only over sunny Corsica, but also flying ALL of the French countryside.Again, thank you for your help!!Curtis

Thank you very much!!!!!!!Curtis

:-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol Thank you! You are forgiven! What a GREAT GROUP in your organization!!!! :-beerchug Curtis

Thank you!I've already visited Johnnys site. A very nice site to visit!!!Curtis

What are the airports included in Corse1 and Corse2? I'd like to fly there, but I didn't know the names? Please send ID's.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Hi ?Go to flightplanning.Set departure at Ajaccio (the capital city airport of Corse)Take off and find all the airports in the vector- map.Greetz leen de JagerEHRD

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi ?There is also another way.Unzip Francetaxi-f2_v22.zip.Now you`ll find LISTE TAXIWAYS.xls.Open this file with Excel.Now you have a complete list of French airports and codes.GreetzLeen de JagerHRD

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints