Sign in to follow this  

Cockpit - Centerpost Additions

Hello Everyone,I have recently completed a set of additions to my Fly II aircraftcockpits ... which incorporates a "tighter cockpit feel" as one viewsthe outside world from the pilot's perspective. I find thatit adds to my "cabin experience" ... and complements the othercockpit views. Since a "picture is worth a thousand words" ...I am attaching a pic of of my work on the following aircraft( in order from the top )Peregrine, Sahara, Kodiak, Pilatus and Aurora. The left side shows the default views from the cockpit,the right side shows my additions ... If there is any interest ...I was thinking of uploading to the library ...Regards !Spellbinder

Guest CaptainJ

Awesome :( !!! great work mr. Spellbinderjust upload the files to the library. I know for sure a lott of people are interested and will enjoy it very much!Take care :-outta

Guest GrantM

Beautiful work! Any frame rate hit?Grant

Hello Grant,I have not noticed a frame hit as a result of the new additions...I need to do a little more testing to make sure ... with a little more complex scenery ... and see what happens ... Regards !Spellbinder

It's funny you did this because I was just thinking about why something like this was not done with the original fly! :-lolRichard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest mberg

I agree--looking forward to this add-on

Hello Joe,The centerposts scroll with the cockpit, you can go left and right to see both pilot and copilot views... and you can scrolldown to the instrument panel as normal. Additionally, I havealso enabled the gages, switches, compass ... so that these items are fully functional from this new "centerpost" view.I find it particularly useful on the Peregrine ... I can turnon the taxi and runway lights without having to swithch to theupper panel view .... I'll try to upload to the library as soon as I can ....Regards !Spellbinder

Planning on doing the other 2 aircraft as well? Flyhawk and the Bell? very nice work!

Thanks for the response. That's great news. :-)Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Hello Bri,The Flyhawk does not have a centerpost ( at least theFly II version ) and the Bell Heli already has a centerpost ...so I opted not to work on these.Regards,Spellbinder