Sign in to follow this  
Guest nycflyer

Invisible obstructions

I periodically encounter invisible obstructions along runways and taxiways, particularly at airports with custom TM scenery. Below is an invisible crash on the KSWF taxiway just prior to the longer runway (sorry, cannot recall the runway #, but this was the east end of the longer runway).I've noted such obstructions at KTVL just short of the runway. I've encountered one at KTRK along a taxiway, and another at East Hampton while exiting the runway. The only commone element is that all the airports with invisible obstructions seem to be airports with TM's.How do I identify them and move them? I've not yet used TerraModels and I was not the individual who created the TM sceneries.Thanks.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

If I remember correctly if trees are placed to close to a runway or taxiway this will cause this to happen.I would suggest that you open the Fly II editor while you are at one of these airports, and look for trees anywhere near the runways and taxiways. If you zoom in you might be able to see just what is causing the crash.

Guest nycflyer

This was caused by tree models created with TM2.0. You can see the axis that causes it by zooming way out. TO fix them permanently, you need to either unpod and move or delete the tree model in question, or uncheck "object collisions" for that model.As for KSWF and KHTO, when I post updated versions of those pods, any known obstuction problems will be fixed.Dave, I'll post my ini files, but I've been tweaking and when I arrive at something I'll email em to ya.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEBAMD xp2000+ - GF4 Ti4400G4/400 - Radeon32