Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

FlyStart not recognizing certain aircraft

I followed Allen's advice in a post on this topic, and extracted the NFO files from my PMDG777 package. I renamed the aircraft Make and Model info as explained and then put the edited NFO files in the ...Fly2WORLD directory. When starting FlyStart, the new names were recognized, but not all the aircraft were represented. I extracted all five base liveries from the PMDG777 Pod file, but only the United Airlines (PhotoReal) livery was represented in FlyStart. Other PMDG Add-On liveries did show up.I haven't attempted to extract other NFO files yet. This was my first try but perhaps I've not done something right.....-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Allen: Any ideas?-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

DK-I would have to get back into the code to check out your issue (I have been focusing on TM lately, not FlyStart).All I can tell you right now, is that FlyStart 1.1 supports both POD2 and POD3 formats. It does not support the old EPD format.As far as different liveries go, I will have to get back into the code to have a look at it. Unfortunately, I don't have any PMDG aircraft to test with :(Allen

The PMDG 777 is one POD with several liveries all built in. Maybe you can negotiate with them for one, or buy the 777 - it's only $20 and its a terrific plane.Great utility (FlyStart). Hope you can address these minor shortcomings in version 1.2!-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I had one of the PMDG planes for Fly! (757 I think). It was awesome, and truly worth the low-cost.The problem is, when it comes to Fly II, I rarely have the time to fly. So I cannot really justify purchasing additional software :(I would love to fly more, but I seem to enjoy the development aspect of flight simming more than the actual flying. I also spend quite a bit of time fiddling with my home-build cockpit, which is another sick hobby of mine :)Allen

Why don't you just learn to fly - take after Todd! Sounds like if you got a pilot's license, you could take your laptop up and program stuff for Fly while in the air. What a trip!I'm leaving for vacation. I'll check in on June 3. Regards...-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Why don't you just learn to flyI could write a small novel on this one :-lolwife = no flying She has a fear of small aircraft. The closest she will let me get to flying is taxiing around the airport. She has no problem commercial airlines, just GA aircraft. Go figure.Allen

Allen-the solution is VERY simple:What's more important? Flying or Wife? You get rid of the least important of the two. :-lol(After I got divorced, I got myself a PPL... Coincidence? You be the judge... ):-lol

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Lefteris: Any chance you could help Allen out with the "bug" in FlyStart. See my post above. Thanks.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.