Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

Ariane 737

how do you get the view of the cabin to show up? I just got the Ariane Southwest 737 and can't figure this out...also the nose is white, anyone else have this problem?-Kevin

Yes, they've got a problem going on with their textures. Supposedly there's a fix coming. Try to find Misha's re-paints of the Ariane 737-300 models, those textures are excellent. I got his Deutsche BA and it looks great. I think they're here at Avsim.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Milio_B

The problem with the nose seems to be realated to the fact that the bmp that paints that part of the a/c is not in the Extended BMP format...you can open the pic with DXTBMP or a similar program and convert it to an Extended BMP. Then it will show up.

The bitmaps for the Ariane 737 textures were done in 16 bit 24 million color. According to Ariane, they will show up if you turn AntiAliasing off. To fix them for use with AA, open the bitmaps in PaintShop Pro or another graphic program, and convert them to 8 bit 256 color, and save them in that format. They will then show up as they should.

Guest B52Drivr

Hi all,Bought the 737-300 last evening, and although it is a fine aircraft, I am dissappointed that the thrust reversers don't work . . . hell, they work on the MSFS 400.....most discouraging. and can't seem to get into their site tonight....hmmm.Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)B52Drivr@aol.com"Drac"

Reply from Ariane on thrust reversers that I received is as follows: They said that due to limitations of FS, they had a choice of having all of the spoilers work correctly visually, or having only two of the spoilers work, and having the thrust reversers work correctly visually. They said they chose to have all of the spoilers deploy correctly visually, and not have the thrust reversers deploy visually, but thrust reverse does work. Personally, I would have preferred having two spoilers and the thrust reversers deploy visually.

Guest B52Drivr

Steve,Yes, well, I looked at their site and all the screen shots, and must have confused another shot with operating reversers, (visual). I guess that means 'let the buyer beware'. I have an 737-400 by Ela, and it is more visual pleasing (with only two spoilers, of course) but operating reverse thrusters . . . it is a beautiful AA version with fantastic reflections and was freeware!Just goes to show ya...LOL. Oh well, it was only 11 bucks . . . or perhpas I should do more research. Clayton T. DopkeMajor, USAF (retired)B52Drivr@aol.com"Drac"

And which freeware AA 737-400 might you be referring to? The only freeware AA 737-400 (AA never operated that type, BTW, only -200, -300 (ex-AirCal) and -800) I am aware of is a repaint of the horrendous default 737-400.Misha

Nope... Sandro Bernardini did one, and I use it!

Very interesting, another attempt to bambuzle the buying public. Is this the excuse used in a pathetic attempt to stop EB / Game booting them out of the stores (WAS/ Ariane same people).It seems damm funny to me screenshots show the reversers engaged with spoilers extended....or do my eyes kid me ?If I remember correct, in FS2000 both worked, so the excuse given by these people relates me back to another thread...Tishma=God, Customers=scum.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...um=DCForumID8#4$11, complain to worldpay, ask for a refund. Dont forget they were booted from the stores for selling defective software...i.e. it didnt do what it said on the box.I suspect it's not been updated to 2002 spec because the developers didnt get paid what was owed. This plane wasnt produced by Ariane but another team of developers...or so I'm told. Ariane is a fraud.George

Guest Stamatis

"This plane wasnt produced by Ariane but another team of developers..."If that is the case, where from can one buy these B737?Stamatis

OK but that one doesn't have reflections and is not nearly as detailed.Misha