Sign in to follow this  

This Is INSANE!

I have a big and rapidly growing dillema!I am not sure if they are there to begin with but at SFO near the white fuel tanks is an Exon Fuel Truck. The problem is that it appears to be one but is in fact the same model placed over it self about 300 times!!! That gives me a polygon count in excess of 150,000!!!! Most of the time high poly scenery is 30,000, from what I have seen. Then, I tried moving a few of the models 'out' of the main one and when I restarted they too had been placed several hundred times! Is there some way of mass removal? Clicking the object and clicking delete, individually is at the least, tedious.Any help is greatly appreciated.http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

Brenton,If you are familiar with the process of creating POD files, here is what I would do.(1) Find the POD file containing the model in question (using PodView maybe ??)(2) Extract all files from the POD file.(3) Edit the scenery file containing the model in question (*.Sxx where xx is 00, 01, 10, or 11). Remove all but one of the sections containing reference to the model.(4) Rebuild the POD file.This is just one suggestion. Maybe there are others.Allen

Guest Hagar

Whatever you do, don`t EVER use the TRI Firetruck or Fueltruck. They are both connected to a .SIT file, (The fact is you can drive them if you want to), and they both reside in the "Trucks.pod". These two small ##### can repeat themselves, they only copy when you click them to delete, crashes your scenery and so on...They are best removed from the Scenery.Sxx files. Only way...Use Bibers trucks instead, will save you a LOT of nightmares :)

Guest Dean

>(1) Find the POD file containing the model in question >(using PodView maybe ??) >(2) Extract all files from the POD file. >(3) Edit the scenery file containing the model in question >(*.Sxx where xx is 00, 01, 10, or 11). Remove all but one >of the sections containing reference to the model. >(4) Rebuild the POD file. Allen,Would this technique work if I wanted to reposition one of the default models? for instance after doing the Bay Area in TS2 many landmarks are way off. I'm wondering if I can delete them using your approach and then re-position them by adding them back in as a scenery file through the editor.

... after seeing how easy it was to get rid of those trucks and replace them, I would say definately the way to go. Now im going to get rid of all the lamp posts! (Thanks Allen :-) )And you dont really need to rebuild the pod, it is tidier I grant you that, but if it looks to be an on going process dont pod. (Do remember to set "searchpodfilesfirst=" to 0 and move the .Sxx files to the data dir.http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

Guest Dean

>... after seeing how easy it was to get rid of those trucks >and replace them, I would say definately the way to go. Now >im going to get rid of all the lamp posts! (Thanks Allen :-) >) >>And you dont really need to rebuild the pod, it is tidier I >grant you that, but if it looks to be an on going process >dont pod. (Do remember to set "searchpodfilesfirst=" to 0 >and move the .Sxx files to the data dir. >>http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg Brenton,Was this in the default SFO scenery that you did this or something you created? I have been unable to edit the default scenery with the editor. I can move or delete the objects but when I save them a scenery file does not get created and the objects are right back in their original location after I restart. I do have searchpodfilesfirst to 0. This problem has been bugging me for a while.

Dean,I have spent the last couople of days experimenting with this. The scenery I edited was the default KSFO stuff, patch .230. Here's the procedure I used. 1. Locate the scenery tile number your working on. Fortunately I fluked it and found it to be D168156.2. Extract the relevant .Sxx (where X is 1 or 0 ie .S10, this time it is SCENERYA.S11) to an extract folder. This is contained in the Cities pod, in your Sceneryshared dir.3. Open the .Sxx file with notepad. 4. Delete the sections from ---- world object type ---- to the next ========== END OBJECT ==========that pertain to the models you want to get rid of.In my case it was APLITE.SMF.4b If you dont know what the model is called, within F!2 open the scenery editor and try selecting the oblect you want to delete and click "?" for the properties and look at the model name, then exit.5. Save the file agian, ENSURE it is .Sxx not .txt! :-)Then place it and its folder (ie dataD168156SCENERYA.S11) into the F!2 root Dir. THe .Sxx MUST reside in the correct folder (the one with "D" and some numbers) in the data folder.6. As you said you had, Ensure "SEARCHPODFILESFIRST=" is set to '0' in the Fly.ini.7. DELETE the AUTOSAVE.sit... this is a musy ro youll get an Error and be kickedeth to thee deskustopus.8. Load F!2 and enjoy.Some pointers,You cant save from "podview", you need to extract the files, this also keeps the dir structure, another crucial thing.If you have any more probs feel free to post here or email me.Brenton_Clark@perthmail.comhttp://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

Guest Dean

Thanks Brenton! I've been looking for a solution to this for a while so I'll give your procedure a try. Funny thing is I do not have an Exxon truck near the tanks in my default SFO scenery. I wonder why yours did?