Sign in to follow this  

altitude2 path not found error

Recently after typing in the airport ID code and hitting select the screen will go black for a few seconds and then I will get the following error report and Fly II crashes. altitude2 path not found DataD200159goo.aL2 file globe.cpp line 1012The Data folder reference will be different according to the airport I am selecting. Does anyone have an explaination for this error and how I can correct it short of reloading fly 11. this does not come up all the time. it seems it effects only certain airport selections. everything else runs just great.Also in my data folder I must have hundreds of folders,is this a normal thing or not? I have a pretty good selection of airports loaded ,but it seems I have more folders than airports.I would appreciate any advice anyone can offer. Thanks for all the past help.Phil

Guest Josve

"Also in my data folder I must have hundreds of folders,is this a normal thing or not? I have a pretty good selection of airports loaded ,but it seems I have more folders than airports."Here is your problem......It's not normal to have hundreds of folders in the Data folder.And when trying to load an airport thet doesn't exist you'll get problems.It appears to be an addon airport that couses the error.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/fly2/vas.gif][/div

Thanks Johnny for your rapid reply. I don't know how I got to accumulate all the extra data folders but, it happend. I think the best bet for me is to reinstall Fly II since It would be a pain in the butt trying to go thru all the scenery files trying to find out which one or more caused to problem. Thanks again for the help.

Do you regularly use Ctrl-E to place objects yourself in different secnery areas? Each time you do this (in a different area) it creates a new folder in the data dir. As Johnny suggests delete these and the addon scenery, then replace it. This is far easier than re-installing Fly! II, as next time the patch process might not work for you, God forbid.http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

Hi Johnny and Brenton;I will take your suggestions and delete my addon scenery folders and the Data folders I feel sure I don't need,and go from there. I do very little scenery construction. I have added some buildings and aircraft to two airports in my home area in central Pa.I have a great deal of admiration for those of you who make patches, scenery and aircraft. I wish I had the patients to do this, I'm a 65 year old retired USAF Mechanic. If it weren't for people like you fly II would have died on the vine some time ago. I've been with the FLY series since it first came out and it still is and will be my favorite simulator for the unforeseeable future. It has more going for it than alot of us realize and appreciate. I hope those who are capable continue to produce patches,and addons to an excellent product with a vast potential. I know I for one would be willing to pay for patches that improve this simulator. I can appreciate the time and effort and dedication it takes to do this with the loss of time to family and personnal time. We have a wonderful group of people in the Fly series family. May your futures be bright and your lives be filled with love and good things.Phil