Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Can't turn my head

I am having trouble with the "turn head" function (CTRL plus arrow keys). When I hold down the CTRL key the yellow markers appear on each side of the screen, but when I hit the arrow keys nothing happens, *most* of the time.Sometimes it works and the view turns to look out the copilot window, etc. But most of the time it doesn't. The scrolling works ok, just moving the mouse to the edge of the screen.I have seen this in several of the built-in aircraft, as well as the PMDG 777.Does anyone have a clue what makes this work sometimes and not others?--Paul Dickson

I've experienced this to. I found it helps to cycle the views with C and then try again.Sad to say i havn't a clue to whats causing it.CheersAndy

Guest Henri W

Paul,Did you happen to be in an outside view and then jump back to the cockpit by pressing a programmed key (F1, F2, F3, ...)? I learned that you have to return to the cockpit by cycling though all views using C in order to prevent problems. If you have the problem, making a full cycle using C several times solves it, just as Andy already mentioned. Cheers,Henri

Paul Andy is correct, cycling the views using the C will unlock the "turn head" function. What I do after getting back to

Yes, I have a key (F5) defined to return to the cockpit straight-ahead view which I almost always use after using any of the outside "C" views, because I usually want to get a look at those instruments in a hurry. :-) I'll try cycling all the way around to see if that makes it work again.I wonder if I defined additional keys for the Look-Left and Look-Right angles I could just jump to them directly as well. Should work, because my other F key views (overhead, throttles, etc) always work.Thanks for the tip.And does anyone else notice that if you scroll the cockpit view down too far that you can see under the panel and outside the aircraft? :-)--Paul Dickson

Guest Dean

You'll probably also notice that if you use an F key to return to the cockpit from an outside view without cycling the C key, the sound in side the cockpit will still be the external sound. As everyone else has said, cycling the C key back to the cockpit prevents a few problems.

In Fly!II, if you press the "Ctrl + 1" combo, you'll be placed immediately in the cockpit without having to cycle the "C" key. All other functions and view will behave normally from that point.

Randall Rocke

Guest Dean

>In Fly!II, if you press the "Ctrl + 1" combo, you'll be >placed immediately in the cockpit without having to cycle >the "C" key. All other functions and view will behave >normally from that point. Thanks for the tip Randall. How did you discover that?

Dean,I found the list in Options, Keys & Buttons..., Camera Keys way back when I got the first copy of Fly!II.TRI assigned all 6 built-in views that you can cycle with "C" to hotkeys - a combination of the Ctrl key and the number keys of the standard keyboard area:Ctrl-1: CockpitCtrl-2: SpotCtrl-3: ChaseCtrl-4: Stationary (Observer)Ctrl-5: Fly-byCtrl-6: TowerCo-assign some of them to joystick buttons and you'll really be getting around. :-)

Randall Rocke