Sign in to follow this  

Fly Around the World

Does anyone recall a world race flown with King 350's. It had a schedule for destinations by legs, to go around the world, I have one copy dated 9/99 that was downloaded from flightsim.com and wonder if any more were released by Fly.It was called "Fly Around the World." I tried most of the sim web sites looking for other editions but come up empty. So of course, my next move is to ask the Fly community.

I remember that one. Although, the discussions seemed to die down shortly after the release of Fly!I have not heard a word about that contest in a long, long time.Allen

If I recall correctly, it got canned due to the inability to accurately log the time taken, something to do with the Fly! Log book system, and the 'honesty system' wasnt going to cut it.But I have been considering for some time now an expedition. A flight in a light single like a Stearman or PA-19 across some rediculous expanse of mountainous region navigating only by compass and reference to some VFR features (getting those isnt too hard these days) online, in a group. Any interested parties?http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

Actually it did occur. I remeber it pretty well. The guy running it was named Dave, and Nate Nitzke ran the webpage. Not sure if I spelled his name right. There were quite a few pilots, including myself. The winner was a fellow from Italy I believe. I however crashed somewhere in the pacific ocean due to bad fuel management. Was quite a fun deal.Al