Sign in to follow this  

What size CTR Monitor, 19

I would like to replace my 17"monitor with a flat CTR monitor,19' or21"My new PC system has:GeForce 4 Ti 46001800XP512MbAre there any advantages or problems running Fly2 at 1280x1024?I have read Ken Salters post.What are "cosmetic issues"?Rodger.

Guest Mike94

Rodger,Fly is designed for a maximum resolution of 1024x768, although you can change the max resolution in the fly.ini to 1280x1024.The main panel view looks great in 1280 resolution with most panels, but the other views like side view, pedestrial view and such are not displayed correctly in higher resolution than 1024x768, mostly they dont fill the whole screen, which looks a bit strange.The Citabria/Decathlon has even problems with the main panel in 1280 resolution.If the main panel view is the most important for you, and you can live with the 'cosmetic' issues of the other views, than youre fine with 1280.Just try it out and decide for yourself.As far as i remember, the Beta-Team or Rich Harvey is working on a solution with the issues with higher resolutions.Anyway, dont worry, FlyII looks very pretty on a 19''screen, even in 1024x768.Good luck,Michael

Guest Dean

Be carefull about buying just a flat screen. The Trinitron tubes are the best imho. I replaced my 17" Dell Trinitron monitor with a 19" "Ultra flat" screen monitor by Samsung and I was very disappointed by the huge drop in picture quality. That night when my wife sat down to use the computer she noted how fuzzy the picture seemed. I took that as a green light to return it and spend 70 dollars more to buy a 19" Trinitron monitor. I bought the Viewsonic A95F which I am very pleased with.

Michael,Many thanks for your reply.I now understand the meaning of "cosmetic issues".I find the side view shots very useful,especially when lining up runways,so that is reason enough not to use the 1280x1024 resolution.I also have the Citabria/Decathlon installed.Regards Rodger.

Dean,Many thanks for your reply.I have been looking at the specs of the A95f,but unfortunately it is not available in Australia.I will have to settle for a PF790,148Hz at1024x768.Regards,Rodger.