Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_

In the spirit of experiencing reality!

This is a general question for those talented individuals who produce all of the wonderful aircraft for Fly!2. :-beerchug I really enjoy Fly!II. :-yellow1 But as I have read in many treads posted in this forum about obtaining or being able to experience as much reality as possible when using Fly!II, I have a question. :-hmmmIs there any reason for not showing or being able to see more of the nose section when looking out over the aircraft panel. In my opinion, seeing a portion of the nose section would make flying more realistic. Again, in my opinion, you would get a better sense of being able to judge distances while on approaches, landings, etc. :-) I know that there is probably a good reason for not showing the nose section; I'm just curious as to what that reason might be!! :-hmmm Is it memory? Is it fsc?Curtis

Hi CurtisWell I guess that all we can do (I mean without too much development) is to show a 2D part of the nose. It wont be too much helpfull in providing a sense of distance as it won't move in relation to the pilote position. We are not dealing with a 3D virtual cockpit but with a 2D representation. At ROTW, Laurent Claudet did wrote some DLL to animate many gauges in lateral view for the TBM . To model the nose position, a DLL would be needed as well.Unless there is some aspect I don't know in fly, I think this why we usually don't include any nose view.RegardsJean

Guest Bart

Basically as Jean said all you can do is add the cowling to the bmp of the panel unless a dll can be built. I did that on the C140 for Fly2K, Marty did it on the J3 he made and I think few others have added a cowl, I added one to the default Skyhawk but never uploaded it. I almost added a cowl to the Aero Commander but after sitting in the pilots seat in one you really don't see the nose because of how sharply it drops off, just the top of the panel. This could be a reason they are not added to some of the panels. They are possible and easy to add (2d version), but the main factor might be if they're really visible from inside the real plane.BTW, got a bit done on that project we've been working on for what seems like years now Jean, rate I'm going we can release it on it's 80th birthday :)c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/pics/ryans...ight/flight.gif http://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg

Thank you Jean and Bart! Just wondering! I happen to think about that while flying around one evening! Keep up the good work!! :-beerchugCurtis

Guest Allan Jones

I second Bart's comment that, in many a/c, you can't see the cowl in real life.I was checking out a friend's C182RG (on the ground) and noted that the panel was pervasive. I'm 6 feet, and had to "stand up in the stirrups" to see much runway, much less the cowl.I also had the privilege to ride right seat in a great old KingAir (hands in my lap) and had the same impression. If I leaned way right and looked left, I could just see the cowl. The panel comes up pretty high.PS: HI BART! :-wave

Hello again Jean,I agree there is no easy way to animate a cowl view in Fly! without a dll.So ...Here are a few snapshots of my attempt to implement a cowl view. As I'm sure not everyone will like it, you'll be able to turn it off and just have a view without the cowl.I hope to release it shortly (I've been saying that for about a year now!) then people can decide for themselves.Eddie

Hi EddyAH but this is a great work. I am sure most of us will keep it and enjoy.That is, if it is released some day :)RegardsJean

Hi PaulThen I wont see the next one :)Take careJean

Wow ! What a surprise ! Really nice work... I hope I will fly it soon ! Yves, Simvol - Rotw

Guest ben_

That's got to be the best look down/look up panel variations on any flight sim. Congratulations.