Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

LSZR ILS Update Uploaded (pics)

Continuing the adjustments to the airports of Danny Masson's Swiss Airport series, fixes for the St. Gallen ILS/DME Rwy 10 are now available. Adjustments include localizer alignment, GS, and DME placement.In order to maintain proper clearance from the terrain, use the appropriate STAR. In this case, I am approaching St. Gallen from the West, using the Zurich East One Hotel Arrival.

The glide slope is moderately steep (4.0 degrees), but you will not experience that angle until a future beta patch. In the case of St. Gallen you will still maintain clearance using the GS - note that the ground isn't that far away though.

Using an analog instrument aircraft such as this, you will get a correct DME reading, but not with CRT aircraft (like the Socata) Subtract .8 NM from the DME for correct distance in glass cockpit planes. We hope this will also be corrected in a future patch.

Ooops! Don't descend below the PAPI GS after reaching the DH. As you can see, you might pick up a few twigs. :-)

Another great scenery addition by Danny

Randall Rocke

Guest Henri W

Randall,I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you doing all these navaid improvements.Thanks,Henri

Thanks Henri,I'm really being very selfish, you know - I do it for me so that I can enjoy all these great airports under instrument conditions. :-)

Randall Rocke

Randall,I'd like to personally thank you for making all these adjustments so flying in and out my Swiss airports are more realistic. It's really appreciated. Haven't had time to create Basel, Zurich and Bern yet, but with the summer vacation approaching, I may be able to add them to the list. Glad you enjoy my airport sceneries.Cheers,

Danny,Almost a year ago (the 2nd week of June, 2001) my wife and I, after finishing some work in Napoli, took a train through the Alps from Milano to Basel. It was the 1st time we had seen Switzerland, and we watched it go by in awe out of our train window.We arrived in Basel as light was falling - later that night we took a sleeper to Amsterdam. I'll never forget watching those beautiful valleys go by below and thinking, "You'd have to be really, really good to fly here!"I'm looking forward to possible additions from you - I know how hard it is to find time for these things!

Randall Rocke