Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

DME not working

Hi!It may be win2k pro or I may have installed the patches incorrectly, but VOR's that SHOULD provide DME do not. As an example MXE near Philadephia. Niether Nav1 or Nav2 will work.Also, the Meridian will not start unless the throttle is full open, then sputters for 4 or 5 minutes then RPM ramps up. I have not been able to figure out what is wrong. I followed the instructions (I think).... fresh install, upgrade to 210 then 230. Then start FlyII!Any ideas?Thanks in advance BobP :)

Hi Bob,MXE is the Modena VORTAC which is a combination of a VOR and Tacan station. VORTACs are different than a VOR/DME in that there is no DME with the VOR. Instead, the DME is part of the Tacan station. It's true that nonmilitary aircraft should receive this DME signal when they tune to the VOR, but right now Fly!II doesn't recognize Tacan stations, therefore you get no DME. Rich is aware of this and is working with the beta team for an eventual fix.In the meantime, if you want the MXE station to give you DME, I can send you a DEX file that will convert it to a VOR/DME station. I have made many such alterations for my own use, but have not uploaded them for general consumption by the Fly! community. As these stations are really VORTACs, we would be taking away from the realism that we are trying to achieve if we converted them all. At the same time, it doesn't really hurt anything if you convert them - they will still behave as their real world counterparts and you won't have to wait for the patch.As far as the the Meridian is concerned, I am not aware of any such aircraft for Fly!II so you've got me there. One thing you might want to check is that all of the *.HST and *.SIT files were deleted before you started the sim after patching. Patching damages these files and leaves you with improper control - delete the old files first and new ones will be created. Also, go to Aircraft, options and set all Trim Steps to 1 and all Exponential to 100% for each aircraft in turn. You'll need to do this for each aircraft whenever the HST files are deleted. There are some aircraft that require different settings, so read the manuals and Readme files carefully.

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall!Thank you for the info! Yes, I would appreciate the DEX file. Since we own the Vortac'x around here, lets change em!Relative to rough starting....I have deleted the .hst files and set the exponential to 100%, however, the same effect occurs. It occurs on the Sahara and the twin. I notice on the Sahara that with the fuel pump on, and mixture open, there is zero fuel flow. She will start after several attempts, however, idles very very slowly then eventually ramps up. Acts just like a very cold engine. It might be a combo of Win2k pro and the USB yoke and pedals. I will keep tinkering.Thank you again for you help!BobP :)

Bob,Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you the DEX.It sounds like your throttle needs some adjustment. I know that we had a similar problem with my neighbor's CH USB yoke/pedals. It worked fine after we reset the range. The throttle had to be set slightly "open" at the closed position, if I recall.RandyCapvideo@columbus.rr.com

Randall Rocke