Sign in to follow this  

RICH, TRI, anybody - Is there gonna be a FLY3??

I just have to ask, is it gonna be, are we gonna see a FLY3? I really hope so. I even bought two copies of FLY2 just to help out. I don't mean to start up any controversy though, I am just curious.fly long and prosperkristian

Yes, No, Maybe, Maybe-Yes, Maybe-No, Maybe-Maybe. Your probably aware of the lack of a publisher for the Fly! Series, so thats the primary hurdle. The publisher is hard to find because of the $$ required and possible lack of returns. No-one wants to run at a loss. But I was thinking. Why the hell do we want Fly! 3? look at all the cool stuff thats in the pipeline for Fly! II, Id hate to see those unfinnished projects be given up on because of the release of Fly! III, requiring a new style of coding etc. What I really need is a new system to run Fly! II better.. not Fly!III, and F!2 runs fine on this klunker anyway.I'd also be prepared to pay for another patch especially if we had some scrpit developers making adventures etc.Oops,looks like I stepped outside your question. So there you have it, its "in the lap of the gods", so to speak.http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

kristian,This subject has been beaten to death - you should search the archives. But if you have spare $3,000,000 you could be the publisher of the next FLY. *:-*Michael J.

Guest CaptainJ

Hi,It would be great for us if there's gona be a patch wich allows, problems during flying. I know it's hard to make such fault generator, but flying would be more realistic. Imagine that Fly can simulate an engine fire during take off at an unexpected time, that sounds fun is'nt it? When you look at the textures that are with in the ART directory of any aircraft you shall see that there are warnings for such things allready. Forinstence a red gear warning when one strut is not completly down, but those warnings are not active :-( . It would be great if they can make such a patch, is'nt it?Then I would be able to add more functions to my annunciator panel for the F50 ;) Take care! :-wave

IMHO, the best way to work towards a Fly 3, is to continue to improve Fly 2. If Fly 2 can continue to grow and show potential, then there might a strong case for Fly 3. If the 3rd party developers give up on Fly 2, then.....I can tell you that nobody on the beta team has given up. We have been trying to look for ways of keeping Fly II development going, despite some obstacles.As long as Rich is around, and has the support of his peers at TRI, there is hope.Cheers,Allen

MR. MICHAEL J.,Is $3,000,000 a reasonably accurate figure to become the producer for FLY!3. Am I right to assume this cost is to cover software development, production, advertising, and distribution costs?In all seriousness.CB

Capt. BOB,Yes, this is the rough figure. TRI confirmed it once on this forum. I am not sure whether distibution, advertising is included but this is the best figure we got. I did not make it up. FLY was always produced using the "lean" approach.Michael J.

Okay, I was just curious. I am sorry that some people got a little heated over this question. I just wondered if TRI was in the process of trying to get FLY3 out there. I guess the answer is no. Next time I'll just search the archives before asking anything on this forum since that is the typical response.Anyway, hope that we eventually do see a FLY3. kristian

WHY MAKE FLY III,WHEN FLY!II IS THE MOST SPECTAULAR SIM THERE IS! WE ALL CAN IMPROVE FLY! II WITH THE PEPOLE THAT ARE OUT THERE NOW?I ALSO OWN A COPY OF FLY! 2K.BUT WITH ADD ONS SUCH AS WE HAVE, WE CAN ALWAYS ADD ONAS WELL AS TRI TRI TO KEEP IT GOING RICH!!!! JEFF AKINS:-bluegrab

>WHEN FLY!II IS THE MOST SPECTAULAR SIM THERE IS! WOW!!!!! .............. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!! :)L.Adamson ---- FLYII still on the HD

>FLY!II IS THE MOST SPECTAULAR SIM THERE IS! Well, about 4.5% of Avsim simmers will certainly agree with you (per the latest poll).Michael J.

there, Michael.The poll you interpret from:What is your primary simulator?MSFS 2002 88.6% (2890)TRI's FLY II 4.2% (138)I've got a spectacular 1972 Pontiac Trans Am in my garage that I rarely drive. I also have a 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo SS next to it that I drive almost daily as my primary car. I'd say I drive my Trans Am about 4% of the time.So that must translate that my Monte Carlo is the most spectacular car I have!Ummmmm. No. But nice try Michael. At least you weren't as EXUBERANT as the original poster though...:-)http://members.rogers.com/eelvish/elrondlogo.gifhttp://members.rogers.com/eelvish/flyurl.gif

MR. L.ANDERSON,At least we are learning a little. I think J.C. would even agree with you on this one.. It's a shame that there are so many "CLOSET" FLY!II simmers, maybe we should pull out our rainbow flag and get some deserved apprecication for the sim. :-smooch Your truly, :-waveCB