Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mgarmy

Valkenburg, Netherland, work in progress

Guest Henri W

Hi,I just wanted to show you some pictures of my latest project: EHVB, Valkenburg, The Netherlands, which will be a good addition to Paul van Roy's Rotterdam scenery tile. This is work in progress. The taxiways and apron are about finished. Just started adding 3D models to the scenery.Thanks a lot to Mannie Garmy for the airport diagram.Best regards,Henri

:-)Well, I know that adding models is the most entertaining part...Biberwww.LTBA.net

Guest Henri W

Biber,Certainly when one is able to use the excellent models you made! As you see, I have put a few of your Dutch C-130's in the scenery. In reality EHVB is the base of Orions, but I will guess the Hercules will do as well. Thanks again for your contribution to our hobby.Cheers,Henri

Hallo HenriValkenburg looks very well.Let us hope there is no need for making an new scenery for Valkenburgin the next future.Valkenburg should stay as it is ,and not become another suburp of The Hague like good old Ypenburg.Im still angry about that , years ago it was also a great place forthe RC-model scene.I had a fantastic time there.BTW do you know anything about the progress of the Dutch scenery byPaul.groetenLeen de JagerEHRD

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest Henri W

Thanks for the feedback, Leen.The day before yesterday Paul wrote me that he is working on the Amsterdam, Lelystad and Utrecht part of the Netherlands at the moment. Lets hope he will have good progress. The issue is alignment of the several parts.Take care,Henri

Guest Mgarmy

Henri,Way to go!Looking good. Meanwhile I am progressing with my wadden experience project (texel and ameland) working on both custom 3D models and using terrashape and terrascene to create a more realistic view of all the islands.Best,Mannie

Hi Mannie,I might help you out with your Wadden project. As Henri wrote, I've resumed working on the Netherlands for Fly II. I abandoned the quarter globe tile approach and am now working with complete tiles (which is a *** in the ***

Guest Mgarmy

Hallo Paul,Good to hear your'e back on track with NL for Fly II. I can see why your'e not happy working with complete tiles. I was wondering how big the files are before TS starts slicing?After EHLE I continued working at some other airports (Texel, Ameland and Hilversum) only to be caught in testing TerraShape where I managed to make TS use shape files (converted with TerraShape from DXF to Shape) for rendering. I got some interesting results which may be worthwhile for you to explore. My idea is to have Texel and Ameland as detailed as makes sense so that it becomes a nice VFR location to fly to.So it would be nice to have the wadden island detailed to a level where flying VFR is made possible due to the level of detail.Looking forward to hear from you.Mannie