Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagle

tm_san scenery fails to show up..

Guest Eagle

Allen:Both the pod and scf file had the underline "_" character and of course both files were in the zip file. However it appears that the underline character being in both files has caused this problem. As I stated earlier I will delete the underline character in future uploads and hopefully this will prevent placing the files in the Scenery/Shared folder.I would be interested in your program to combine all these airports. I plan on developing more. Perhaps a program that will combine the airports and allow the user to decide which airports they want to install.Thanks for all your help.Keep FLYing

Guest Mike94

Allen,i will count all my scenery POD's when i'm at home this evening and post it here. It's an interesting subject.I made a quick check yesterday, and i found a total of 275 files in the scenery directory, SCF's, Readme's and such included.Cheers,Michael

Guest Mike94

Allen,re. the 100 POD's limit: I have 123 scenery POD's in my scenery folder, and 27 POD's in my shared directory.......I never had any problems with this, and i'm sure that others have that much (or more) scenery files as well!I guess that needs a clarification.. :)Cheers from germany,Michael

MichaelI just got confirmation that the limit is 500 POD's. Rich said that it was changed from 100 -> 500 in a recent patch (probably 230).Thanks for the feedback,Allen

First off, Allen: Thank you for explaining that anyting in the Scenery/Shared folder gets loaded regardless of aircraft position. This could explain more than I thought about my lousy framerates. I have been having trouble, especially in the NYC area (I have Scott's scenery), but even get trouble elsewhere. Since Scott's stuff is so framerate demanding, this could explain why I get poor rates elsewhere even where the demands are far less.So Scott - will your PODs work outside the "Shared" directory? See the screen shot below that shows the contents of my shared directory. As you can see, a lot of memory is being used by your NYC-area PODs. They are amazing TM scenery, but if you and Allen can work together to create an SCF for them, and then enable users to place them all in a "SceneryNY_Metro" directory, for example, that would be optimal.Allen: When you figure out how to create the SCF's, please post the instructions. I'd like to move the remaining non-model PODs outside of my Shared directory (eg; ItalyAirports, Philly PA, etc. -see attached screen shot)Thanks all.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Mike94

Thanks Allen, that explains it all!Happy Flying,Michael