Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Nice Airport LFMN France

Hello allFlying over the south of France I discovered LFMN beingfloating in the sea.I imported the dex files for France as they are made by ROTW.So I did not expect to find Nice -airport in the Mediteranian-sea.Can anyone help me?Leen de JagerEHRD

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Goudemiddag Leen,This is just one of those areas where the coastline is placed improperly in Fly!II - a DEX file isn't going to repair that, unless the airport was actually in the wrong place. If it was in the wrong place, then it could be moved away from the coast some to alleviate problems - I don't believe that's the case here.With the coast line drawn improperly, Nice is almost unuseable in its current position. Much of the runway and taxiway system is on water - Fly! also sees these areas as water. If you place an aircraft on them, you will sink into the sea.If you or someone want to attempt a salvage of Nice, you would need to attempt the following:1. Obtain shapefile data and Terrascene the LFMN area - this should give you more accurate coastline representation and get your runways and taxiways on land (at least visually).2. At this point, LFMN is still unuseable - even though it looks right, Fly!II will still see these areas as water and you will sink. Download the Ground Type Transform v1.1 program from the file library. There are no guarantees, but you may be able to change the globe tile properties that the airport sits on so that Fly!II now sees those areas as land.There are problem areas like this all over the world - the beta team is working on this issue and we hope for a solution. Regardless, I would recommend trying the above procedure - it may work. If it doesn't, then you'll be ready for the next step when a fix comes out.

Randall Rocke

Thanks for your comment Randall.I am afraid I am not skilled enough to turn Nice into an normal airport.Your information on this matter makes it clear to me that I did`nt doanything wrong.So I can stop worrying about it.Just ignore Nice for the time being is the solution for me and I can live with that.GroetenLeen de JagerEHRD :-beerchug

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints