Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

GF4 128 Render.ini - What are you folks using?

I could have sworn I saw a post about this a while back, but have been unable to find it.I'm trying to run this new card with FSAA enabled.

Randall Rocke

Guest Mgarmy

This is the one I started using since last week after having a crawling experience landing at EGLL with the 757 PMDG. This setup uses about 90Mb of your card and leaves the rest to whatever the system believes it needs.To be honnest, I have tried to take an engineering approach which works most of the time. The rest is voodoo and depending on the kind of scenery you have. I have this ini settings with FSAA enabled.Good luck,Mannie[Graphics]mipLevelCount=7vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=25maxTextures32_565=25maxTextures64=25maxTextures64_565=80maxTextures128=150maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=100maxTextures256_565=150maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=2mipMapFlag=896[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0

Thanks Mannie,Every system is a little different, but this is such a big jump up from my old card that I needed a starting place.BTW - I've heard that FSAA is nonfunctional in Fly!II/XP with the new nVidia drivers unless running at 4x. Have you found this to be true?

Randall Rocke

Guest Mgarmy

Yes FSAA does not work in Fly unless you enable it in the video control panel. I have it set for 4x (there is also another setting, but I don't know what it does) visually, it makes a lot of difference in outside view only.I hope you get some good results with this one.Mannie

With the 28.83 NVidia drivers, I seem to get FSAA working in all modes with no problem. I see a slight decrease in FPS with better FSAA, but even with 2x, the jaggies are much much better than without any FSAA.With the exception of the NYC area (I have Scott's sceneries which are very FPS intensive), I get great framerates with about 40 Max vis, 5 high res radius and 14 med res radius. Most other features are enabled (night lighting, etc.)Here is my RENDER...[Graphics]mipLevelCount=12vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=16maxTextures32_565=64maxTextures64=192maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=80maxTextures128_565=415maxTextures256=80maxTextures256_565=450maxTextures512=10maxTextures512_565=8maxTextures1024=2mipMapFlag=896[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=32[AGP]maxTextures256_565=32Seems to work pretty good. I'm still experimenting, though.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Mannie,I am new to the joys of a 128Mb card .I find it a bit daunting when confronted with the choices in the WinFast info settings.I have been experimenting with the antialiasing settings:Quincunx Antialiasing4X4xS[direct 3D only]I am unable to detect any differences i.e.when inside the cockpit of the TMB700 viewing the edges of the windshield.Do the ini.settings have any bearing on the antialiasing effects?Rodger.

Guest Mgarmy

Rodger,I also did try the various antialiasing settings but got more or less the same results.As far as I know there are no specific antialiasing settings within the ini, however I may be wrong about that.Mannie

Guest Mgarmy

DK,I tried your ini setting and was directly routed to the desktop by fly. I decided to give it another try after increasing my AGP settings in the bios from 64 to 128 and bingo, it worked! With your setting I have in average 2-3 frames more.This is some pretty dark and messy stuff to play with.Mannie

Mannie,Could you tell me how to change AGP from 2x to 4x.My Display Adapter info:Model WinFast A250Chip GEForce Ti4600Graphic /Memory Clock 300/648MHInterupt No 11AGP Status 2x[support 1x2x4]SystemAbit KR7A KT266A512Mb RamXP Home1800XPRodger

Guest Hagar

Rodger,I have a VIA K7T Pro266A, and I guess we have the same BIOS.Under "Chipset Features Setup", you can change the AGP settings.Even if you change from 2x to 4x, you can still end up with 2x,depending on which 4in1 driver & Nvidia driver you have.I have AGP 4x with VIA 4in1 ver. 4.38(2) and Nvidia 29.20.

Andrew,Thanks for your reply.I find it difficult to to access the driver information.I ran msinfo32exe and it told me I have :Installed Drivers nv4_.disp.dllDriver Verson 6.13.10I can't find any reference to Nvidia drivers.When I look in the user's manual I don't know how to access BIOS changes .I think I will have to stay with the default settings.Rodger.

Guest Hagar

Rodger,You need to restart your puter in order to access the motherboard`s BIOS. Press "del" when you see the POST screen.To see your driver version, goto control panel and choose display/ settings/advanced. Then you can select your card and see the driver version.With 29.20 drivers you should see something like 6.13.10.2920.Good luck,

Mannie & DK,I have tried both of your renders - I appreciate the info. Both of them gave me fairly good results, but I ran into trouble with DK's over western Europe, where my rate dropped to a steady 10.0 in all views over generic scenery. As I am using 4X FSAA, I'm guessing that DK might be using 2X, as my memory check showed 112 MB being used by the slot-load. With the FSAA probably wanting 32MB or more, I must have been loading textures into RAM at that point.I switched to Mannie's and got much better results. This is very helpful I'll play around a little more, to find the ideal for me. Again, thanks a lot guys!

Randall Rocke

Andrew,Thanks for the info.I have changed AGP to 4X and verified Nvidia 28.32.I was a bit wary of the "Beta"29.20.Where would I search to find which VIA 4in1 drivers I am running?Rodger.

Guest Hagar

You will have to check it in the Registry. Go to Start/Run and type "regedit", then enter.You`ll see which version you have in:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREVia4in1Driver.On my puter it shows 4.38 1.40a.