Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

Importing Repainted Aircraft

Very new to all this, but just wondering how do you import the EPD aircraft repaint file to Fly2 for use in game (e.g American Airlined 747SP) I have the original Qantas 747 as well (the requirment).I just extracted it to my /aircraft folder and it has an error if i try and use it.Do I need to convert it to POD somehow?

Erm... I did say I had that :/ Hence the Qantas 747SP (is a requirment) in my original post.The original 747SP POD file works fine.

Sorry, you did. Been up too long. It is the repaint by Roger Mazengarb and not the Jean Sabatier original? Then it's not related to the repaint unless it was corrupted during download.Pete

To the end user and windows *.pod and *.epd (an .epd is a Pod, like "Peas in a Pod") are the same thing, so you can rule that option out; this isnt the first time someone has asked about the file extentions and incompatabilities. Consider your .epd's as pod files, because they are. :-)http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

Ah har.... believe it or not that may help me :) Thanx.

Ok, thought it may help, but didn't. Every EPD file i install for aircraft repaints then try and select aircraft I get this message:CDualEnginePlaneSfx:No 1 Engine undefinedFile: vehsfx.cppLine: 2410Hope this is of use.

HiDid you patch your new FLY install up to the last version (2.1.230)If not, patches are available from the library.RegardsJean

G'day Gazz,Mate the message you are receiving is telling you that you havn't got the original aircraft that the repaint is based on loaded in your aircraft folder. The 747 SP RB211 EBA was one of my first attempts at repainting and unfortunately in my ignorance I stuffed up big time. The result was that my repaint was not a repaint at all but rather a NEW aircraft.As a result of this all future repaints of the 747SP are based on my repaint so if you want to download some of Pete's great repaints you must also download my Qantas B747SP RB211. Pete does explain this in all his repaints.Sorry for any inconvenienceEdit: Just one other thing Gazz: You must NOT have BOTH the original Qantas 747SP (by Jean) and my Qantas 747SP RB211 repaint in your aircraft folder simultaneously. They are essentially the same aircraft. From memory I think it will default to the original 747SP by Jean if you do.Cheers,Roger Mazengarb @YSSY

Thanks mate, I'll give that a try.----

Ok, thanks makes, I got it working now. Used your repaint and every aircraft works. Wans't looking at readme close enough :(----