Sign in to follow this  

No Responses to C3DModel: Can't Load Problem

I have had 20 looks so far but not one response. I was hoping someone would recognize this problem (error)or would offer some advice. Since posting the original statments, I have very carefully donwloaded some of the most recent airports Newyork,Newjersy for two and older ones like lake Tahoe and again TRI's HD SFO after deleting the first 7 or 8 I had the problem with. All files requested by the author's of those airports was loaded and placed in the proper folders. I never deleted the required terra scene/texture and terra model files that worked for me in the past before this problem. I still get the same C3D Model: can't load error. There seems to me to be a problem more than just reloading airport/scenery files again. I will wait a while longer before I reinstall Fly II hoping someone can address this error in case someone else experiences it. Everything else in Fly II works just great,all of default scenery loads as advertised. All the aircraft look and fly as normal including the 767,777,all ROTW, including other purchased Aircraft. I would appreciate any words of wisdom that may help me or others in the future.Thanks PhilMy system is Micron Max XP2antlon 1.3hz CPU512meg Ram DDRnvidia Geforce 4 TI4400 Windows XP home version

Guest nycflyer

Phil,Run FlyII and let it crash. Then look file a file in your FlyII directory called gtfo.txt. Post the contents of that file and that that should make the problem clear. It bet it could be solved if your post the exact text from your gtfo.txt file.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEBAMD xp2000+ - GF4 Ti4400G4/400 - Radeon32

Scott; Thanks for the rapid resonse. I did find the GTFO.TXT file as you stated in the fly II Directory after crashing the program. Very interesting stuff in there. It sure points out all the errors I've been having which are probably mostly my own doing in one way or another. This is a good point you bring up looking at the GTFO.TXT file and posting so others that are knowledgable can help troubleshoot the problems that we with less knowledge and experience have. Next question, how do I post it. There must be 20 or more items there.Thanks Scott

Guest nycflyer

What's the last entry?Copy and paste it into your reply.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEBAMD xp2000+ - GF4 Ti4400G4/400 - Radeon32

In response to Scott's last reply here is the last entery as of this morning. Msg: C3Model :: Load- can't open : BBU1017.SMFFile: SMODEL.CPP Line 3701Time: Fri May 31 o8:55:35 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)This basic file repeated itself for every airport that had models on them. the GTFO file had 96 enteries going back to last Nov. Another entery in the GTFO file is as follows. I list this because this I believe is important to the reason I cleaned out my Data folders as I did.Msg: altitude2 path not found datad2200159g00.a12File: globe.CPP line1012time Fri May 24 18:47:14 2002errno 2 (No such file or directory)This error proceded the C3Model load errorAfter getting the altitude2 path error I started to look into what may have caused this error to appear and it was then I discoverd I had over 1200+ folders in the Fly II Data folder.

Guest nycflyer

You must be missing generic.pod from your scenery/shared folder.If you don't have it, you'll need to reinstall.-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEBAMD xp2000+ - GF4 Ti4400G4/400 - Radeon32

Thanks Scott;What I didn't have room to tell you in the last msg. I had installed a second Fly II in C:Fly2 directory to find out what minimium files were in the original Data folder. Everything when well even up to installing the all inclusive 210 patch. I ran into problems when trying to install path 230. I got this message. C:windowssystem32config.nt, the system file not suitable for running MS-Dos and Micosoft windows applications. I don't know if I got cross contamination between the two fly programs or not. The night before I got the Altitude2 errors I did use a program called System suite to cull out files from my windows Registry. I feel nowit was at that point I deleted the files taht caused both errors. Live and learn, be careful when you enter the Registry and delete files. I will fully delete Fly II and start from scratch again. Thank you Scott and others who have shown an interest in this problem. Isn't that what forums are about? Where we can learn from our mistakes and help each other out when needed. Sometimes we have to swallow our pride and admitt to our short comings, but if this problem I brought about on myself helps someone else from making the same mistake then I and others have gained something.The old saying "Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained", comes to mind. To all of you who produce such wonderful Aircraft and Scenery for the rest of us to enjoy, you have my heart felt thanks and appreciation I wish I were half as talented as you people.