Sign in to follow this  

727 panel almost done

A real man's machine. And women like it too. A panel chock full of steam gauges. FMC? No, I don't think so. Auto throttles and altitude capture? Don't make me laugh. You'll have to work at flying this one. But I guarantee you'll have loads of fun with it. And yes, those fire handles do work. Also in development from Charles Fox is the best possible set of 727 flight dynamics you can get, all verified by real world experience and figures. Charles has put an unbelievable amount of research and work in this, and I think you'll be pleased with the results.Don't let the fact of the airlines getting rid of them discourage you - the 727 lives on! We should have this to you all in a few months. Rich

Sweet, will it have an airconditioner sound switch and a beacon, and wingtip strobe light switches?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Rich; Great looking panel, I love that 727. Big question, will this work in FS2000 ? You know, there are still many of us still flying 2000!Denny

souds great... can't wait thx very muchHenry. CYXT

The panel currently has over 20 light switches, including strobe, beacon, and such. As for the air conditioner switch, there is no such thing on the main panel or overhead. So, I'm leaving it off. The air vent sound is a good idea, and I'll see if I can't add it. Thanks for the suggestion.Rich

Well sir, I'm afraid it's for FS2002 only. I did originally start this project for FS2000 almost two years ago. Since then, FS2002 has become the dominant sim, so that is the direction I had to go. If there's still enough interest in a FS2000 version, I'll surely consider one.Rich

Rich I wish those months were weeks !Still very patient though. We know good things come to those who wait ;) Keep up the excellent work. B727 is my all time favourite with great nostalgia involved. I see the Boeing video with the flight tests back in the late 60s and never get fed up seeing it again and again.Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vatsim-eur.org/images/VATSIM-EURs.gif

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest Scott Campbell

Rich,If I may make a suggestion? I am currently using the most excellent 727 panel by Lonny Payne, edited for more realism and some features by me (of course). ;-)He has a mini engineer's panel with some useful features, not the least of which is the APU and fuel gauges and fuel switches. This is pretty much the same sort of thing I have with my 747-200 panel.So my suggestion, actually request, is that you may wish to consider the same sort of thing. I haven't found the fuel levels in your pic, so this may be a solution for that. I would like a useful engineer's panel with WORKING APU and realistic fuel control and hydraulics and bus control and air conditioning and whatnot. I can send you schematics of the engineer's panel if you don't have them.Otherwise, your panel is looking really good. The first and last real thing I flew was a 727-200, so I still have a warm spot for them. I remember standing on the tarmac at Stapleton International when the first one rolled in.Thanks for your hard work, and I cannot thank you enough for making it available for free. That's a rare and wonderful thing these days.

Rock on - grew up flying in this plane, it's the one that made me want to be a pilot. Can't wait to see your version! One question - what about the sound files? The sound of those 3 Pratt & Whitney JT8D-9A turbofans still gives me goosebumps. 727 #001 lives just 20 minutes away from my house, at the Boeing museum of flight restoration center. If I can help out with pictures or anything, please just let me know!! -CP :7

Autothrottle?- Ha, we can do a lot better in the real 727 !Where Airbus & Co. have 'fly by wire' etc. -we have 'Fly by voice' !!!And it is already perfected. When I need for example 'climb thrust' after take- off, all I have to do is call: 'climb thrust' and our on-board super computer , brain and extra eyes etc., also known as a Flight Engineer, will set climb thrust,manage the fuel, the hydraulics, the aircon & pressurization, performance data and, and and...So far all the airplane manufacturershave tried so hard, but not one could replace a real life F/E. What a pleasure it is to fly with these guys!!! And when it comes down to the nitty gritty, I much rather have a real brain to help me make a well informed decision,rather than a few numbers on a CRT.I really look forward to see the 727 panel released soon.Thank you and all the add-on designers for your wonderful work!

Guest DaveKDEN

I will be most interested in the end result. As many know, I'm a rather big fan of the 727. Good luck to your developement team.DaveA couple of older shots taken by a friend (thanks Jeff) some time ago. I'll miss the old bird!

>Payware? Heck no! You, sir, are a gentleman and a talented panel designer. Thanks in advance.MikeKOCF