Sign in to follow this  

New Runway Features - Beta Team???

Guest DannyV

Hi all,Does anyone know if the beta team are considering adding the ability to add overruns to runways. Currently have displaced thresholds - there are plenty of runways out there though that have quite large overruns/underruns. These could be added via the taxiway program if modifying the database is too complex. Just a thought - currently added / amended 278 Australian airfields / runways complete with taxiways ;-) To be uploaded very soon ;-)Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! GroupTupolev Tu-154 Project

Don't know about adding overrun/underruns but I look forward to your update of Australian runways. Have you got the correct information for Perth's Jandakot runways/taxiways? If not I have them for you.Ken.

Guest DannyV

Hi Ken,Yes I have the info required. My updates will include DEX files for Airports, Runways, Navaids, ILS and Waypoints. I will update Comm later.I also plan on progressively populate each airport using Terramodels for the smaller airfields and will make custom models for the larger airports. It's a slow process, but very satisfying :DSome of the runways / airports in Australia are up to a couple of nautical miles out in some cases :-roll - and that's if there is positional data for the second runway at all.Not to worry - Australian Fly! Group to the rescue ;-)Cheers,Danny Vickers :-cool Australian Fly! GroupTupolev Tu-154 Project

Guest Henri W

Danny,Are you kidding? 278 airfields! I even do not want to think about how much time you have spent on this. Thanks so much.I am looking forward very much to what you are working on.Best wishes,Henri

Guest ben_

...amended 278 Australian airfields :-eek Great effort Danny.

Guest DannyV

Ummm - I'm over 300 airports now with over 500 runways updated / added!!! I can't wait to get this out the door - I've had a gut full now - been going strong now for over 4 days - I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - or is that the doctor shining a torch in my eyes *:-* Not long now - I'm pretty sure it will be uploaded by this Friday ;-)Next on the agenda is hi res elevation data for about 70% of the country (minus the remote areas like the Great Rocky Desert etc).Oh - and look for Sydney & Adelaide Version 2 this weekend as well ;-)Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! GroupTupolev Tu-154 ProjectMust get some sleep now ... :-scatter

Guest DannyV

Hi Johnny,The Ayers Rock Airport is there (YAYE) including the taxiways, but the elevation data, "Rock" and Resort are not modelled - YET! Maybe after I finish the Tu-154, I know you are looking forward to flying her ;-)Cheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! GroupTupolev Tu-154 Project

Great JobThank you so much for all your hard work - from sunny Cairns.I am looking forward to a round trip around good old Australia.God bless and RegardsAlfred