Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roy

Taking Script Requests...

Ok,Fire away, what little thing do you want to see for Fly! II that can be implemented using the python script(No idea what the limitations are...)? I want a scripting project, but alas, I dont have that much time nor that much knowledge, I do however still want to make something that you guys want to see...Post some suggestion for me please!http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

PLEASE MAKE A IFR CHCKRIDE WITH HOLDINGS .VOR APPROACHES, NDB HOLDINGS AND ILS APPROACHES.ALSO VECTORS TO ANY AIRPORT WITH TEXTILE PLATES I HAVE THE PP CHECKRIDE BUT THAT SEEMS TO BE INCOMPLETEIT HAS NO STTEP TURNS OR POWER ON STALLS/PWR OFF STALLS,NO SHORT OR SOFT FIELD LANDINGS WHICH COULD BE IMPROVED. THANKS JEFF AKINS

BrentonNot knowing what is possible to do with a python script, let alone a little one, I can

How about a little script that will pause the sim once you reach a predetermined radius from an airport, or specific LAT/LON position? Would be nice for some of the longer flights, when one has to step away from the computer for awhile, to know that once you reach a certain point, the sim will pause instead of overflying your destination.Just an idea.Pieter

Brenton,I'd like to be able to change my scenery complexity from NORMAL to COMPLEX and vice versa. This was, as I'm on approach, it doesn't turn into a slideshow. Taxiing with a COMPLEX environment often does not kill my framerates as opposed to in the air.press button/key once = COMPLEX Scenerypress same button/key again = NORMAL Sceneryetc...etc...Regards,

All very reasonable suggestions! I think at some stage or another they will all be attempted.For now I think Pieters might be the go, and Henrik's could be done I *think* be defining opbjects and giving them a route, it does mean that each airport wouild need to be done individually tho! C4TO is a huge thing, not my kinda start point.I hope to do somthing like Jeff has requested, soon too...I though of a little helicopter rescue adventure, that test your hovering skills too..As for changing the scenery levels, I think thats more the .dll league, *one* day I'll get there :-)Thanks guys, feel free to keep them coming...http://flytsim.itgo.com/sigi.jpg

Well, if YOU want to...I was going to look at the ability to see what the wind was doing at a particular landing site, eg from the west, and see if I could rename one of a number of predefined images in the art directory (landing squares), to be ls-display...In other words, allow a somewhat intelligent replacement of a placeholder image with one that is wind-direction specific...Good luck, this message will not destruct in 10 seconds - but OS level IO may be impossible for the Python interpreter, or the image cache in Fly may cause this to become unstuck.Or something.Best Regards,Brian

I agree - C4TO could use some enhancement/upgrades and that would be fabulous. Things like ATIS, ability to fly both IFR and VFR with interactive ATC. Just a few ideas.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

May I suggest an enhanced version of distance compression. This script will enable one to compress distance, time and flight plan - effectively putting the entire sim in warp speed. Today, if you hit the "D" button to compress distance, it screws up your flight plan info since all the estimated times between waypoints do not also advance. In addition, compressing distance doesn't drain fuel, and doesn't effect any other flight conditions. Enhanced distance/time/sim compression would be a great tool to have.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

One of the nice features of default ATC are the ground "arrows" that direct you to a runway once cleared for takeoff, or direct you to the proper terminal once on the ground after landing. C4TO doesn't have that feature, but it sure would be nice. I only have a handful of airport diagrams, but I fly into and out of many different airports. Many of these airports do not have modeled directional signs to direct pilots to the proper runway. Without the added ground-arrow guidance, I find myself taxiing around from runway to runway all the time.If you could figure out how to add the ground arrows to C4TO, that would be terrific.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Roy

DK>if you hit the "D" button to compress distance, it screws up your >flight plan info since all the estimated times between>waypoints do not also advance. In addition, compressing distance >doesn't drain fuel, and doesn't effect any other flight conditions.In your "fly.ini"-file, under (SIM) you'll find:.distanceCompressionUpdateFuel=0distanceCompressionUpdateTime=0.Change them to read:.distanceCompressionUpdateFuel=1distanceCompressionUpdateTime=1.Then try to hit the D-button. :-)Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

Perhaps you could make it variable? If you need a specific number, I'd say that 30 miles or so would be a nice round number. The folks that fly the heavies might want something a little further out. Here is another idea, perhaps you could set it to pause with a timer. For instance, telling the sim you want it to pause in 20 minutes, instead of a particular radius.Just another idea. Thought I'd throw that out.Pieter