Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_

Sydney - Australia (PIC)...

Guest DannyV

Hi all,Thought I'd post this shot of the Sydney CBD to wet your appetites ;-) I expect to upload the full globe tile TerraScene data files (which are basically complete) this weekend. I was going to upload the Pascal version (enhanced scenery), but, the file size was > 900Mb !!! :-eek So basically, you folks can either just use the stock standard TS scenery, or enhance it yourselves ;-) Once I finish the database files, I need to sort out some performance issues with the 3D models so it doesn't run like a slide show on slower machines...Hope you like the pic (Vin Scimone did some buildings as well as the Opera house and I added to his fantastic work)...http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cfccca744909f4c.jpgCheers,Danny VickersAustralian Fly! Group

Guest GrantM

Extraordinary! Danny, looking forward to it.Grant

Hi Danny!Can't wait to fly between those buidings! I'm glad you made the enhanced scenery with my technique! I need some feedback about my tutorial, just to know if it's usable. Especially, I'd like to know which parts you had problems with, if you had any. And if you want to show us some pictures... :-)BTW, I'm working to find some solutions for sharing enhanced TS (I think there are).How did you create the data files? Did you use the promising Colin's TerraShape?Thanks for your great work!Cheers!Pascal :+

Pascal,I intend to buy a secondhand copy of Photoshop,to see if I can use your scenery enhancer with TerraScene.You mention you use Photoshop 5.5.Would version 5 or an earlier version be suitable.Rodger.

Outstanding work DannyLooking forward to get it.Thanks againAlfred

Guest ben_

Looks greaat Danny ( and Vin )....900 MB -gulp-

Hi Rodger!Version 5 is not very different, and the changes are in some areas you won't need, I think it should work all right! For older versions, I don't know. Just check out that you can save selections as channels, and that the "displace" filter do exist. Without these two features, it might be difficult to follow the different steps.Best regards!Pascal