Sign in to follow this  

Now thats FLY III is out of business, What about Fly II

Thanks Michael,I`ve heard good things about this addon from Han`s but never knew where to get it.Glad to see you have an appreciation for life-like water, it has always been my pet hate in flightsims, probably because I live in a country dominated by coastline. Clouds and sky are my second obsession, and I must say from what I have seen of CF3 - the clouds look amazing (just a shame I don`t like WWII combat sims).Thanks again.Andy

Guest captbulldog

Kia Ora, Andy! How's it going!! :7The water mentioned sounds good. I like doing my Hawaii<-->LA flight with the PIC AA767 so I definitely will try the water.

Hi Preston,I observe that within this thread you ask God three times to bless America, because of that fellow left in the picture.I share my doubts with you, but I think this fourum is not the place to vent political opinions. ;)

Guest Hagar

Michael,Bathymetric data for the ocean would be ideal of course, but it will also take more resources I guess. To me, the VFR Ocean is a great improvement and I do not ask for more. I have been sailing in the Caribbean for one year and now how nice the ocean is there. Before I installed the VFR Ocean the whole sim had a caribbean look and that was no fun at all. The North sea is VERY different...But my priorities is making Airports and trying to use Colins new tool to get the right textures at the airport. I may reinstall Fly II and run the Texture Enhancer once more, I do agree it is still a bit gloomy...Andy,I have some nice ocean pics taken outside the East coast of Canada if you want them. Just gimme a note on the mail !

Well, he hosted it on his own site, so here is mine, and I will echo his thoughts. And that Fellow is MY President, George W. Bush. ;-)May God guide our President George W. Bush, and all those in our nation as well as all those around the world. :-)Regards,Joe :-wave.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 1) 78 Pics in Frames with 1mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection Recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics1/FrameSet.htm.Oshkosh Pictures From 2001 (Part 2) 106 Pics in Frames with 1.5mb in ThumbnailsHigh speed connection recommended:http://home.attbi.com/~flypics2/FrameSet.htm.Picture Gallery of My Flight in a 1945 SNJ-6 on June 1st, 2002Joliet, Illinoishttp://home.attbi.com/~jranos/FrameSet.htm.http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest captbulldog

lolI never saw it that way :)If you like something less of a "political rant", how's this This one is really old though.

Andrew,it is clear to me that people from some countries seem so much more into flight simulation and/or development for the flight simulation. Look what your compatriots from Norway did for FS2002 - incredible collection of 41 airports, exceptionally well done, payware quality stuff and runs so well. I installed also a Stockholm airport by some Swede - great work but totally unflyable. Yet the Oslo airport, not less complex, runs so well. Norwegians and Germans are in my opinion in the forefront of flight simulation effort, perhaps followed by Brits, Greeks, Austrians and Italians. There is surprisingly little activity from France or Spain I must say. Michael J.

Hi Michael,With regards to France, I disagree with you. There are a lot of airports, maps, and aircraft from our good friends over at ROTW.Their Socata is awesome, and their Warrior is preety darn good as well. I can't comment on the Spain stuff, as I am not aware of any, but there could be some out there.Regards,Joe.http://home.attbi.com/~jranos/mysig.jpg http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

Guest Colins2

Michael,From your remarks about France, it appears that you have never visited Simvol!There is an awesome collection of (French) stuff there for Fly!/Fly!2.Colin

Guest Hagar

Hi Michael,As Joe and Colin states, there`s a lot of fine French scenery :)Regarding Norway it has always been a great interest for flying here.One reason is the country itself, people need the airports in order to get around, especially up North. And the winters are long and dark, a good time to make some scenery ! But we are only 4.5 millions here, and me and 2-3 other guys are the only ones making scenery for Fly II.The development for FS2002 has been much greater of course, and Norway Airports is a respectable achievement. I whish people could make models that were convertable for both Fly II and FS2002...but as I see it (and have felt it in the Norwegian forums), they are more interested in argueing about which one is the best sim, which I find exceptionally stupid. Mankind is NOT evolving...just standing still.

I am primarily comparing in terms of "total volume". And FS series is where 95% of total development has been done so this is my primary benchmark.Michael J.

I whish people could make models that were convertable for both Fly II and FS2002Ahh, a message that has got my attention. Don't think that I have not already looked into this ;-) No guarantee, but I would not rule out a future TerraModels Fly->FS200x converter. I have done some preliminary research, and I am waiting for the FS2002 scenery SDK to release.I do not anticipate there ever being a TerraModels for FS200x, but there might be a converter. I think overall this would be a boost for Fly, because several ex-fly fans have emailed me about this very thing. There are some technical issues though. For example, the Lat/Long positions of the models in Fly, might not match the FS2002 coordinates perfectly. I guess a tool good be developed to reposition the scenery slightly for FS2002.I am not trying to excite anyone about this, but I thought it might spur some ideas :)Allen

Guest Hagar

Hi Allen,A converter sounds nice :)And if the models developers for FS2002 would kindly release their models for both sims I would gladly give away my models too. If this was possible, both sims would get a terrific scenery boost !Been dreaming about this for many years ;)