Sign in to follow this  

Major Win.CCP crashes all night long

Can't get fly2 to stop crashing with the Win.ccp error. Have tried deleting any ,hst files in my aircraft directory & the only default files in my system directory (only had one - default.key - didn't help so I reinstalled that particular file).Keeps crashing anytime I am in slew on the ground & try to slew left or right. Happens at every single airport. No exceptions. Anyone have any ideas?Thanks Chris

Guest tonyc

keep in mind that this error occurs only when FLy doesn't find a file that it thinks it should have. Here's what I would do: reinstall the basic program including all the updates. Keep in mind that the 777 needs to be installed BEFORE the last patch, or else you'll get all kinds of crashes. After the 777, install the last patch and try it. If you get crashes, let us know. what I have done is put a second hard drive ,and now use a great program that lets me back up my programs. I have double copie of FLY2, so that when I get into some unexplainable crashes, I simply reload my copy and practically have the most recent version without whatever file corruption that might be causing the crash.tony

Thanks - Actually I figured out the problem early this morning. I recently installed the new beautiful new Terramodels Newark Airport addon. As soon as I removed it - everything returned to normal. Thanks for the great suggestions - especially the one about the 777 & installing the 777 BEFORE the final patch. I wouldn't have known that.Thanks again.Chris