Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

Geneva ILS Updates (pics)

Updates for both LSGG ILS approaches have been uploaded. This corrects the DME readouts and extends the range of both localizers. This is the last of Danny Masson's Swiss airport series - situated in a valley near Lake Geneva, there is rising terrain to the northwest and the southeast. You'll need to follow the STAR carefully - don't descend too quickly to begin the approach.The airport is over the high terrain to port

On final to Rwy 05 - you can see the lake in the background

This is a large airport - the runway approaches 13,000' in length

This is a large place and Danny's had to place a lot of models to cover it. I found there were a few areas where the polygon count was high, so load up a proper render.ini and set your scenery attributes for the best performance for your system

Randall Rocke

I guess it does look that way :-lol - actually, I touched down just to the right of the centerline. The perspective of the screenshot can give the appearance of a misalignment sometimes. :-)

Randall Rocke

Great!!!!I have one big problem, I can't download anything from the library. The download icon does not appear any more... I changed my browser and it still doesn't do it. And at my neighbors house it works fine!!!! What's happening??cheers

Johnny,I haven't given up on it but I've had to set it aside for now. I've been assigned another large project at work that makes it very difficult to do much with Fly!. (An ILS edit and a short flight are about all I can pull off for the nexr few weeks). :-)I do have an outline finished and a series of images created which showcase step by step how the approaches were made for ENHD. That should make a pretty good tutorial on the ILS, and will eventually be included in a more comprehensive tutorial on DB-editing.

Randall Rocke

I just checked the file library and the download buttons are there. You might want to clear your browser cache - if you are still having a problem you may want to contact the library managers and see if they have any ideas what may be causing your problem.

Randall Rocke