Sign in to follow this  

A cloud question...

Guest cornclose

Hi all,Just re-installed Fly!II and was playing around when I noticed that even in total darkness, the clouds are still white(ish).Searched the archived threads and could find no mention of it. Is it me or is it a known issue. Any tweaks in the ini file improve this ?Does anyone know of a general fly.ini tweak guide anywhere ?ThanksChris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Hi Chris, I believe patch 230 attempted to make a minor change to the clouds and thier overly white appearance - making them a tad darker. You can also download and try Jure's cloud sets (he's created several - Big Mammas are best) and use them. Can find those in the AVSIM Fly!! Library.Cheers!Ken WoodCNN International Weather

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest cornclose

Thanks for your responce Ken,I already have patch 230 installed but they are still far too white. I have already downloaded some replacement clouds and skies but haven't tried any of them yet. I will now.Thanks again...Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Actually, the 230 patch added white to make them look more realistic. Before, they were always too grey and gloomy-looking. I agree with this approach as they actually weren't white enough before.Now, as far as to their changing color mattering on time of day, conditions, etc. I don't believe that is a function that has been added yet. It may be possible to make a new cloud set just for that purpose.

Randall Rocke

...Hi.... it is possible to change the darkness in Fly.ini at this line......lightScalarDusk=50lightScalarDawn=50lightScalarDay=100lightScalarNight=25 <---- If you set this line at zero the clouds will be completely dark... :-waveCheers .... Ivan Italy

Thanks Ivan! Looks like I need to study my fly.ini chart again!

Randall Rocke

...you are welcome!......... you can try to change also the luminosity of the daytime clouds to have a kind of stormy clouds.......:-waveIvan Italy

Guest cornclose

Unfortunately, it appears to make no difference at all to the brightness of the clouds on my system, even when set to zero.Strange...Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

...it is strange.....for me it work well...... I have realsky 3 and jure's clouds.....Ivan Italy