Sign in to follow this  

Anyone using the Shannon IR Scenery? Taxiway Problem

Am I missing a taxiway update or something? The tarmac appears off center, and I noted several missing taxiways on my way to Rwy 06 for takeoff...-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Are you using the European version of Fly!2 or US version? I am using the US version.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

US fully patched. Did you install anyone else's taxiway files for that area before adding the Shannon scenery? Is searchPodFilesFirst set to 0?

Randall Rocke

I will check my added taxiways to make sure I don't inadvertently have an EINN add-on. Perhaps inside a UK Taxiway update POD. I'll check. And yes - SearchPodFilesFirst is set to 0. Do you have an EINN taxiway add-on anywhere? Or are you using whatever came default in Fly!2?BTW: Are you also using the Dublin Airport TM's from the forum? I downloaded and installed, but couldn't get it to work. Not sure why.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I did have an EINN.bgr and .tms file in my DATA folder - I have no idea where I got that from. Removing it improved the accuracy of the tarmacs and taxiways.However, note the lack of a particular taxiway heading between the terminal and RWY 06.... Do you have this taxiway? Is this b/c RWY 06 is new? I noted that many of the runways appear closed when bringing up the airport detail page. I'm wondering if the default taxiways didn't take into account the changes to the airport.BTW: I got Dublin to work. I have no idea why it didn't work the first time I downloaded it - maybe a corrupt file.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

DK,Glad you got it working - suspected there was some type of conflict going on. I have checked the airport charts - there is no taxiway missing - the author got it right, as there is no taxiway in the location you are indicating:

Note that there are also 3 closed runways, so that can add to the confusion

Randall Rocke

Interesting. How are the big jets supposed to takeoff from Rwy 06? Or if one lands on 24 and needs more runway than the cutoff? Do they taxi down the active runway and make a u-turn? Wondering.Anyway, thanks for the post. -DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

DK,How big a jet you talkin' about? If assigned Rwy 06 for takeoff you would still have over 7,000 ft. of runway from where the taxiway enters - that would be plenty for a lot of aircraft. As the prevailing wind is probably from the west/southwest most of the time, you would most likely be taking off from Rwy 24 and have the entire 10,500 ft. to work with.On the rare occasion that you were in a much larger aircraft and needed more than 7200' on Rwy 06, then you would probably taxi down the runway and make a u-turn. Note that there is a little pad off the end of 06 that is probably for that purpose.I've experienced this in real life on a number of occassions, where the plane taxied down the runway and turned around on the threshold - mostly in Europe, but also some places in the U.S. - Lincoln, NE for instance.

Randall Rocke

I'd be interested in seeing a B777 do the U-Turn.Nice chatting with you on the topic. Have a great weekend and thanks for the assistance on clarifying this.-DK----Fly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 512MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v28.83, WinXP Home Edition.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guys,Out of the manuals:The 777 Runway Limit Weight for 7000 ft of runway at S.L is 552,200 pounds at FLAPS25.The 757 RLW for the same distance is 250,000 pounds at FLAPS25. I'd say it's doable. :-lol Got Skills?